What We Can Offer
We are seeking an Academic Assistant, who will perform a wide range of skilled administrative duties for one or more academic units/departments/centers at VinUniversity.
The incumbent will act as a liaison between the office, students, and external constituencies on a range of day-to-day issues. Provides general departmental support to College Dean, Vice Deans, Faculty, and other members of the department as needed.
• Provides administrative support to an academic teaching department by working directly with faculty and department leadership to coordinate appointments, plan and execute all aspects of meetings, including agenda development, preparation of materials, briefing of participants, logistics, and follow-up.
• Perform high-level administrative and logistical support to the department head, including both internal and external communications with staff, students, constituencies, and the general public. Schedules and coordinates the Dean's appointments and/or travel arrangements. Greeting and directing visitors, dealing with administrative problems and inquiries, as appropriate.
• Organizes and facilitates department conferences, workshops, seminars, and academic special events. Schedules and coordinates dates and times, venues, attendance, agendas, and facilities.
• Composes and prepares written documentation, correspondences, reports, and other documents for the department as requested; screens and evaluates incoming and outgoing correspondence and prepares responses as appropriate.
• Support for the department's academic programs, academic research plans, and projects.
• Gather, enter, and/or update data to maintain department records and databases, establishes and maintains files and records for the department.
• Assist in the performance of various financial and budgetary tasks including preparing and monitoring budgets, preparing reports, and utilizing the appropriate process to pay for goods or services purchased by the department.
• Supports the department by performing all other duties as assigned by the department head.
• Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of progressively responsible professional experience in an academic or similar setting required.
• Excellent organizational skills, with experience prioritizing work in a fast-paced environment with multiple and conflicting interests.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills. Have the ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, understands and follows policies and procedures, and accommodates change. Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team.
• The position requires good judgment, rigorous attention to detail, and the ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with discretion.
English is the language of teaching and communication at VinUniversity. For this role, the candidate needs to have an excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. The minimum requirement is IELTS (Academic) with a score of at least 6.0 (or equivalent).