What We Can Offer
Duty station: Ha Noi, Vietnam
Duration: ASAP for 03 years contract
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of MCRP’s operation plan and contracts and procurement
- Prepare and implement MCRP’s regional coordination group’s operation plan, contracts and procurement activities, and contribute to the group’s strategic planning;
- Manage and monitor all large contracts including grant agreements, financial agreements and local subsidies for the construction of projects as well as consultancies, consulting companies and other service providers for projects implemented by the following:
- The regional coordination group
- Other MCRP activities when required
- Follow up project implementation and monitor project payments in accordance with GIZ rules and regulations.
- Purchase materials and equipment for assigned project of the project in accordance with GIZ rules and regulations
- Ensure an effective flow of communication and information within the regional coordination group as well as with colleagues from MCRP and the Contract and Procurement Section of the GIZ Country Office and Contract and Procurement Section in GIZ HQ, if necessary.
- Cooperate with the Project Officer for the regional coordination group based in the Can Tho Office
- Support and back-up other MCRP Admin Officers when required
- University degree in financial management, contracting and procurement and related to issues such as climate change and urban resilience is an advantage (equivalent to BA or master’s degree)
- At least 7 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the Internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Extensive experience working with technical experts in a team
- Experience in providing guidance to other staff in contracting and procurement issues
- Strong managerial and organisational competence
- Willingness to regularly travel to the provinces
- Must be able to carry out responsibilities and communicate in English.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions with a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Note: Please state: “Application for the Administrative Officer/C&P – MCRP” the following in the subject line or on the envelope:
The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download here: http://bit.ly/2nyiCY6.