What We Can Offer
The Alumni Engagement Manager (AEM) will have overall responsibility for the implementation of support to the Strategy, the accompanying Implementation Plan/s, an annual calendar of activities and management of the alumni engagement team.
The Implementation Plan/s detail the cohesive, effective, efficient and targeted engagement with alumni to support the objectives of the Strategy. A specific focus over the initial period of the assignment will be on the development of a bespoke alumni engagement strategy for the Vietnam Australia Centre (VAC).
*** Key responsibilities include:
• Management of the alumni engagement team ensuring a cohesive and coordinated approach to the support for the implementation of the Strategy and coaching and mentoring them for high performance
• Development and management of the Alumni Engagement Budget
• Development and implementation of the Implementation Plan/s
• Development and implementation of the bespoke alumni engagement strategy for the VAC in conjunction with the Program Director and Deputy Program Director
• Development and implementation of the Active Leaders Engagement Strategy
(prominent/influential alumni) in conjunction with the Australian Embassy in Hanoi and Consulate in Ho Ch Minh City
• Establishment and coordination of, and building a strong working relationship with, alumni and stakeholder representative groups, including any secretariat support that may be required
• Engagement with Australian Government stakeholders in Vietnam (in consultation with the Program Director and DFAT).
• Support the Partnerships and Professional Groups Manager in building on-going
relationships with Australian education institutions and other stakeholders operating in Vietnam to develop opportunities for collaboration, including co-funding and sponsorship.
• Support the Australian Alumni Grants Fund Manager in maximising the benefits of the Australian Alumni Grants Fund
• Oversee the management and utilisation of the Aus4Skills in-house database and the Global Alumni portal including AAF, ACIAR and HRD Component alumni
• Work with the GEDSI Adviser and other team members to ensure that gender equality, disability and social inclusion is effectively mainstreamed and addressed throughout all aspects of Alumni Engagement
• Draft the Alumni Engagement section of the Annual Report and Annual Plan and assist in drafting and implementing the Alumni Engagement elements in the Gender, Disability and Social Inclusion Strategy
• Ensure compliance with Australian Government and Aus4Skills branding guidelines
• Ensure timely and regular contributions to communication and public diplomacy activities to support the delivery of high-quality public diplomacy products and outcomes for the Embassy including, in collaboration with the alumni engagement team, working regularly with the Aus4Skills Communications Manager and the Embassy’s Public Diplomacy unit on identifying and developing good news stories
• Contribute to ongoing monitoring, evaluation and learning activities for alumni activities including working with the Monitoring & Evaluation team on gathering information and reporting on alumni activities and initiatives Respond to ad hoc requests for information or support from the Australian Embassy or Consulate relating to Alumni engagement activities
• Carry out other activities as reasonably required by the Program Director
• Post graduate qualifications preferably from an Australian University. Majors in media and Communication, Marketing or Public Relations (or relevant work experience) will be well regarded.
*** Experience, Skills and Knowledge
• Experience with, and knowledge of, the Australian university system and the Vietnamese education system
• Experience with, and knowledge of, the Vietnamese government system
• Experience with public relations, promotions and/or marketing
• Experience in organising events such as seminars and functions
• Demonstrated ability to write high standard reports and public relations/diplomacy material
• Demonstrated ability to undertake social research, including surveys and write wellstructured reports
• Knowledge of gender equality, disability inclusion and other social inclusion issues and demonstrated understanding of gender mainstreaming strategies
• Experieince in monitoring and evaluation activities is desirable
*** Personal Skills and Abilities
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at both strategic and implementation levels with high attention to detail to ensure quality outcomes are achieved.
• Demonstrated ability to engage and communicate with persons at various levels of seniority and of various cultures and disciplines representing a range of client organisations, stakeholder agencies and government departments.
• Demonstrated creativity and innovation in designing and implementing activities
• Understanding of social media platforms
• Advanced level communication skills in English, in particular excellent written
• High degree of flexibility in work and personal life.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to gender, disability and social inclusion
Applications close: 5:00PM (Vietnam time) 18th of January 2020.