Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
implementing Purchasing strategies for Asia region to ensure:
• the category maintains its competitive position in the industry through
cost efficient purchase of raw materials or services e.g. third party
• the effective and timely sourcing of raw materials or services critical to the
continuous business operation of the company and in accordance with
established policies and procedures.
The Asia Sourcing Category Manager is also responsible for identifying and developing
vendors in Asia to ensure continued supply and enable low-cost country sourcing for
manufacturing facilities in other regions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. PURCHASING POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Creates and review Procurement policies and programs
• Coordinates with Global and Local Purchasing organizations on policies and
procedures pertaining to Purchasing
• Ensure compliance to policies and procedures and actively educate procurement
staff and internal stakeholders on such policies and procedures governing
• Revise existing policies and procedures to offer better service and options to
2. CATEGORY DIAGNOSTICS
• Regularly monitors, reviews and studies internal and external situations ,
market supply, demand conditions, local / global events, tariff rulings and
technology updates / improvements that may likely to affect cost and
cost parameters of raw and packaging materials.
• Ensures timely communication of position and risk and
• Develops and recommends the price forecast for business / financial
• Regularly obtains and maintains information, e.g. via extensive travel,
research, trade shows, foreign periodicals or market reports, etc. to
enable better assessment of price, supply forecasts, market trends,
• Analyzes and reports internal spend data.
3. NEW MATERIALS SOURCING
• Define sourcing and procurement needs with internal stakeholders i.e.,
Design team, Engineering, Quality, Production.
• Identify and develop sources for new raw materials who have sufficient
expertise, capacity and shall comply with our Quality expectations and
• Develops and establishes primary specifications and criteria with IE and
Quality for the sourcing of new materials to support new product
• Negotiates specifications with potential vendors
• Ensures new materials will consistently meet specifications and special
requirements as required by Quality and IE
• Provide timely and accurate information for design costing
4. COST EFFICIENCY
• Sources and procures raw and / or packaging materials by effectively
negotiating with vendors on quality, price, terms of payments , timing
and manner of shipment to guarantee the most advantageous
purchases for the manufacturing sites.
• Plans thoroughly sourcing of raw materials to secure uninterrupted
supply at the best possible cost while supporting Inventory Control.
• Establish competitive pricing via the sourcing process and maintain through
• Develop/maintain competition for raw materials.
• Monitor, analyze and report purchase price variance and impact against
• Prepare robust contract terms and conditions. Communicate, plan and
manage implementation of contract with Purchasing
5. PRODUCTIVITY / COST SAVINGS
• Identifies , recommends, implements and monitors cost reduction
opportunities through continuous development and recommendation of
alternate or substitute use for raw materials or vendors in conformity
with company standards.
• Evaluates regularly current practices and standards and introduces
innovative ideas on sourcing strategies : alternative source, incoterm, e.g.
FOB vs CIF ; alternative logistics charging procedures ; alternative mode of
• Lobbies duty rate reduction and timely applies for duty drawback from
6. MATERIAL SUPPLY MANAGEMENT & ASSURANCE.
Ensures availability of raw materials critical for the continuous operation of
the manufacturing facility by :
• Coordinating with Purchasing prompt and proper implementation of
purchase plans and contracts.
• Strategically planning the sourcing by monitoring regularly and
effectively assessing the local / global supply / demand and price trends
of commodity , raw & / or packaging materials, local or foreign sourced.
• Recommend and implement short-term commodity procurement
activities to benefit from any opportunity that may arise in the local or
global market in context of the company’s operation necessity.
• Identify opportunities to develop new and existing sources, vendors,
materials and other approaches to continuously stabilize the company’s
• Develop and execute supply risk management plans.
7. QUALITY AND VENDOR RELIABILITY
• Ensures vendor’s capability and reliability to deliver quality materials via
proper evaluation of plant capacity.
• Develops new supplier and provides assistance to vendor where a
potentially competitive vendor may need such assistance in terms of
improvement in technology, processes, and process control and overall
quality management system.
• Evaluates and monitors Vendor overall performance to guarantee
consistency in quality and timeliness of deliveries. Where necessary,
recommends, initiates and ensures action plans are carried out to
correct failures in performance.
• Maintain relationship with key suppliers for sustainable and competitive
sources of raw materials.
8. OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures practices and activities are consistent with Procurement SOPs,
corporate policies and programs and are in compliance with the ethical
• Develops and gains alignment on regional and global sourcing strategies.
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
• Must possess good project management skills
• Ability to organize, lead and coordinate development team
• Ability to document technical, operational procedures and negotiation
• Special ability to influence other people is a major advantage
• Expediency and sense of urgency in work assignments
• Dependable with a high degree of credibility and has a uncompromising
value for integrity, ethical and professional conduct
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Highly proficient in computer software/ programs as a tool for analysis and
• Has ability to apply appropriate sourcing methodology
• Can travel extensively and work long hours if necessary (especially when
dealing with foreign vendors and global sourcing team in different time
• Team player
• Has entreprenural mindset
• Self-motivated with a winning attitude
• Knowledge on import/ export procedures and implications on international
purchasing and supply logistics
• Knowledge on total cost of ownership analysis and cash flow management
• Can comprehend technical requirements and methods
• Category management and Sourcing methodology
• Must have a sound knowledge of good purchasing and business practices
• Awareness of major market trends in area of expertise
• Understanding of cost structures and vendors' processes
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or related Management courses
• Computer literate