What We Can Offer
Deadline for application: Monday, 6th September 2021
We are seeking an Associate Director for Professional Education to join the Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation. The position will report to the Director of Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
About the Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
The CEI is Fulbright’s very first university center, established in summer 2019 to empower future entrepreneurs and innovators to go after Vietnam and the region’s greatest challenges and opportunities. The CEI’s mandate is to work with future entrepreneurs and innovators broadly, including but not limited to Fulbright’s full-time student body. Here is a link to the CEI’s website: https://fulbright.edu.vn/cei/
As the youngest unit of Fulbright, the CEI is still very much a startup within a startup university, and there is near-unlimited potential for growth and impact. Since its inception in 2019, the CEI has made rapid progress in cultivating entrepreneurial talent, both in terms of Fulbright students and the broader youth population in Vietnam. The CEI has, in the past year, organized:
1. An entrepreneurial work-study program called the Venture Fellows Program, where we selected, trained, placed, and supported undergraduate students to intern at Vietnam’s leading startup and technology companies
2. An entrepreneurship bootcamp with Reactor School, a leading entrepreneurship education organization out of Singapore
3. A two-day nationwide hackathon with Angel Hack, Amazon Web Services, IBM, and Vietnam Post
4. Seminars on venture capital investing with Hustle Fund, a global venture capital firm
5. A corporate training workshop pilot program in collaboration with a University of Michigan Ross School of Business marketing professor, John Branch
6. Numerous panels and workshops on entrepreneurship and venture capital by startup founders and venture capitalists in the region
The CEI has also engaged over 50 companies, investors, and educators in Vietnam and across the region to bring expertise to our students and community.
In the upcoming year, the CEI is seeking to accelerate its growth further. Priorities are likely to include, but are not limited to, the following initiatives:
● Expanding the Venture Fellows Program to include new geographies and/or new focus tracks.
● Establishing a formal undergraduate curriculum offering for Fulbright students
● Conducting intensive immersion experiences such as entrepreneurship bootcamps and hackathons
● Organizing a region-wide conference for rising Southeast Asian leaders on the future of education
● Launching a world class hybrid learning product that prepares leaders across Vietnam with the skillset needed to thrive in today’s workforce
● Developing a partnership strategy to support the ambitious growth of CEI
In time, as Fulbright matures as an institution, we envision the CEI incubating and accelerating startups, innovative projects - especially those that tackle Vietnam’s most important challenges.
The Assistant Director of Professional Education will serve as a key member of the CEI’s leadership team and works closely with the Director of the CEI to build Fulbright University Vietnam’s local and regional professional training initiative.
The Assistant Director will help establish and support the strategic and operational priorities of CEI’s professional education and training program. The Assistant Director will undertake a variety of activities as the CEI launches and delivers executive education and workforce development programs, which include short-course certificate programs in leadership, management, and more.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Co-Develop and execute on a strategic vision for FUV’s professional training initiative that will reach learners across Vietnam and the world
• Work closely with FUV faculty, lecturers, and staff to develop and to deliver a portfolio of non-degree executive and professional education programs and to facilitate collaboration pre-, post-, and during programs
• Develop and support the implementation of a Digital Learning Strategy that includes online, offline, and blended learning for FUV’s professional training program
• Identify, develop, and manage relationships with clients seeking to build the capacity of leaders within their organization through Executive Education
• Oversee program design, implementation, and a team of 2-3 individuals focused on the financial, operational, and administrative aspects, with keen attention for success in both content delivery and program logistics
• Guide the development of admissions criteria and processes
• Develop proposals and budgets and contribute to communication materials to market the program to prospective organizations
• Recruit part time faculty and other teaching-related staff and support the courses’ content development process
• Develop and execute monitoring and evaluation processes to track programmatic data and to apply lessons learned to future programs
• Play an active role in building community among Executive Education participants during programs and sustaining alumni relations
• Serve as a key strategist for expanding the current portfolio of income generating programs and planning for expansion into online education modalities.
• At least 8+ years of experience within a training or international educational environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in education, business, administration, or a related field
• Master’s or advanced degree in a relevant field preferred
• Demonstrated experience in business development, complex sales, and strategic partnerships development required
• Demonstrated experience in management consulting or professional services industries
• Knowledge of the Executive Education market/industry on a global scale
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills and the ability to adapt communications to a range of audiences
• Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and to collaborate with professionals at all levels in diverse settings
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible, reliable, responsive, and resourceful
• Demonstrated experience working with a variety of organizations, including private sector organizations, governmental organizations and ministries, and international universities
• High standards: You know what excellence looks like and can be counted on to deliver consistent quality.
• High-performer: You are energetic, thrive under high pressure and work at a fast pace.
• Resilience: You tackle difficult situations with a can-do attitude and are relentless in the pursuit of your goals
• Language: Fluency in English is required, and fluency in Vietnamese is a plus.
What we offer
• Opportunity to be one of passionate team members who share the same belief in the transformative power of education and see the unique opportunity in creating a new university.
• Opportunities to participate in public talks, workshops, seminars, as well as other fun activities at Fulbright.
• A full network of supportive colleagues.
• A dynamic, innovative, and professional working environment.
• Intensive English-speaking environment.
• Competitive salary and high-end insurance schemes.
• Generous annual leave entitlement.
How to Apply
• Please visit Fulbright's Join Us page: "https://fulbright.edu.vn/join-us/" and follow the How to Apply guidelines to be fully considered for the position.
• The position will remain open until filled.
• Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further process.