What We Can Offer
This position is accountable for the attainment of assigned brand volume, share & financial objectives. As part of this accountability, this position is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of marketing strategies and action plans. He / she acts as the leader & single point of contact for the assigned brand in the country..
B. Main responsibilities:
1- Integration of Brand Equity
- Responsible for translating and aligning local market and consumer information relevant to his/her brands as incorporated in Brand Equity Strategy to ensure the correct brand positioning and Brand Essence elements are reflected in marketing activities.
- Participate in IMC process specific to their brand to develop the IMC plan.
2- Strategic Planning Process
- Understand the Category strategies and how they apply to his/her brand.
- Liaise cross functionally to conduct and collect all relevant market and consumer data for his/her brands to feed into the -development of a local brand plan (i.e. market and consumer needs analysis, competitor analysis, trade environment and pricing activities, manufacturing opportunities and assessing local economic situation).
-Work with the Marketing Manager to support the execution of local plans.
3- Annual Plan Development
- Focus on collecting and analyzing the financial information relevant to his/her brands to be reviewed by the Marketing Manager.
- Propose plans and programs for his/her brands to achieve the local plan (i.e. market share, volume growth, etc.).
- Contribute to the preparation of the monthly updates by providing relevant cross-functional information and analysis on his/her brands.
4- Product and Packaging Quality Initiatives
- Be a part of the project team for all PPQS changes and initiatives relevant to their brand and is responsible to ensure that all relevant information necessary for the project from a marketing perspective is submitted.
- Support the Manager Marketing in ensuring that the product quality meets the expected PPQS from a Consumer Insight and Research Development & Quality perspective.
- In cases of variance, with his/her team develop recommendations for the Product and Packaging Quality Improvement which are reviewed by the Manager Marketing, initiate and drive necessary corrective actions recommended by the Manager Marketing
5- Pricing Strategy Implementation
- Conduct competitor/ market place analysis for the brand and propose options to be considered by the Manager Marketing to determine the relevant pricing strategy in a given market.
- Manage ongoing tracking of pricing activities within the market place relevant for his/her brands and provide the Manager Marketing with understanding of opportunities and risks existing in the local market.
6- Price Change Management
- Contribute by having an in-depth understanding of his/her brand position in market and by liaising with the Sales Company to develop a change to the price of the brand. The scenarios are discussed with the Manager Marketing then presented for review and approved or rejected by the Category Director as part of the Price Change Recommendation Deck.
- The local Sales team is the responsible for implementing the price change with the clients.
7- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Participate in the development of an IMC Planning Brief specific to his/her brands, and submitted to the Manager Marketing who obtains approval from the Associate Category Director.
- Monitor the progress of all communication initiatives for his/her brands.
- Responsible to ensure a Creative Brief is created for his/her brands (based on IMC Planning Brief) in conjunction with the Manager Marketing for approval of the Associate Category Director.
- Responsible to review of the creative options for their brand presented by the Agency and develop recommendations for re-working of proposals to be discussed and approved by the Marketing Manager then Category Associate Director
- Lead the implementation of the agreed communication plan for his brand, including creative productions, cross-functional coordination with manufacturing, Customer Service & Logistics, Sales and Finance, within a framework provided by the Manager Marketing. The Senior Brand Manager provides feedback and evaluation of campaign results.
8- Media Planning
- Participate in the media planning process for his/her brands through engagement in the IMC process.
- Support the development of the Media Flowchart relevant for his/her brands which is led by the Media team and submitted to the Manager Marketing who obtains approval from the Associate Category Director.
- Contribute to the discussion with the Manager Marketing to determine the risk and impact of Media Shifts (shift in time, shift to another vehicle, shift to another brand) against achievement of the strategic results.
- Provide input to the Manager Marketing for the year end Media Agency evaluation.
9- Trade Spend Management
- Participate in the discussions with Sales to align the Trade Spend relevant for his brand.
- Analyze market information from Sales Company, Consumer Insights and Sales Controllers in order to contribute to the development of the Trade Promotional Guidelines to be approved by Category Director.
- Lead the development of the Trade Promotional Plans that are reviewed by the Manager Marketing following specific input from the Senior Brand Manager on his/her brand. Trade Promotional Plans as approved are executed by the Sales Company.
10- Business Key Performance Indicators
- Monitor and measure business performance for his specific brand against a set of KPIs approved by the Associate Director including:
o Volume, revenue, available profit, A&C (Advertising & Consumer Spending), net contribution, share of market;
o Marketing overheads are within budget
o Day to day spend is within budget.
- Participate in the discussion with Sales to challenge and seek improvements and makes recommendations to the Marketing Manager. The Senior Brand Manager implements any adjustments as reviewed by the Manager Marketing and approved by the Category Director.
11- Ideas to Market (I2M)
- Responsible for the implementation of growth initiatives in local market for their specific brand(s), including trade materials, sales communication, launch plan, communication and support, POS execution, etc.
- Be a part of cross functional team as facilitated by the Project Change Manager in respect to a relevant project initiated via the I2M process.
- Provide relevant marketing input for preparation of the Project Development Request (PDR) and Launch Request (LR) for local or refreshment innovation projects for his/her brands.
- All refreshment innovation projects specific for their brand are reviewed by the Manager Marketing and reviewed and approved or rejected by the Category Director and Innovation Director.
13- Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Be responsible to propose volume targets for their brand/s as part of their local brand plan which feeds into annual demand forecast.
- Monitor volume achievement and inventory levels for their brands and liaises with the Sales Company monthly to discuss changes in volume in order to propose adjustments to the Manager Marketing.
14- People Leadership and Development
- Be responsible (as appropriate) for leading and providing guidance to the team of Assistant Brand Managers & Designer
Provide leadership, motivation and team development, including key people management, (e.g., Managing and Appraising -Performance (MAP) / Training / Development plans together with the Marketing Manager and local HR).
- Be responsible for effective relationships with third party suppliers (media, TV, outdoor, press, advertising, packaging agencies).
Any changes related to the strategic documentation must comply with the related protocol and follow the correct approval process.
Whilst the above content is comprehensive description of the roles and responsibilities there may be other additional elements that form part of the Senior Brand Manager role that have not been captured but are still part of daily work activities.
- University qualification in marketing or related field
- Good analytical skills
- Proficient in written and spoken English
* Experience or skills required:
- Min 5 years marketing experience in the same position with a high skill level in all aspects of FMCG marketing mix
- Experience in marketing with a mix of ATL & promotions
- Excellent people and communications skills
- Effective negotiator
- Knowledge in computer operating systems (Microsoft business software)