What We Can Offer
The position of Business Manager is responsible for the entire business and commercial structure of APOC business in Vietnam including the overall commercial strategies, developing the KOL’s network within the market which includes end-customers & key government agencies, distributors (sub-agents) appointment and management, financial planning and analysis, supply chain and operations and regulatory approvals. He/She should also be well versed in health economics and drives to remove hurdles related to market access; in addition to supporting clinical trials for customers in the country in partnership with global medical and clinical affairs team. Plays an important role in sales and marketing and overall corporate management.
Key Areas of Accountability:
1. To drive, execute and achieve country target plan by product categories (analyzers, reagents & others)
2. To work closely with the distributor(s) to acquire new accounts across the country and expanding the current distribution channel across various new territories through recruitment of new distributors and driving commercial excellence functions within distributor teams.
3. To foster and establish key opinion leader, professional body and government agency networks across the region within Vietnam.
4. To guide and provide product support (sales, marketing & technical) to distributor(s)’ team to ease the sales cycle process.
5. Maintain existing business through good retention programs & explore new opportunities with potential customers and recruitment of new distributors.
6. To collaborate with Abbott internal division (ADD, ADC, AMD, ARDX, etc) to leverage/synergise on existing business and to ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with local laws and Abbott Compliance and OEC regulations.
7. Responsible for the training and education of sales force from both internal and distributor teams.
8. Work as a liason with global clinical and medical affairs to support the conduct of clinical trials and studies.
9. Look at communications and PR strategy to drive the share of voice of i-STAT in the market.
10. To look at all aspects of health economics and create analytics to position the i-STAT as central to creating a sustainable healthcare model.
11. Analyzing and reporting of key financial metrics of the business and provides insights to overall health of the business, including sales, margins, SG&A.
12. Look at all operational aspects of the business including logistics/supply chain & quality assurance and ensure end to end movement of goods from hub to end customers are optimal & seamless and drive customer satisfaction.
13. Responsible for registration of new products and keeping track of regulatory updates in the country; work with Princeton and local affiliates to ensure new product licenses and registrations are obtained in a timely fashion.
1. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in laboratory diagnostics or medical devices industry.
2. Proven track record in acquiring new businesses and shaping markets preferred.
3. Experience in running overall operations of business (not limited to sales and marketing)
Strong business acumen and result oriented
4. Decision Making – Describe decision generally made including the job holder’s
roles and the effect to the company
5. Budget & Assets – Describe budget and assets administered by the job holder and their impact to the company’s performance
6. Pricing guidelines, contract timings and budget for area.
1. Core Competencies
Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment, adjusting effectively to work within new work.
Working effectively and cooperatively with others, establishing and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external partners to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives, taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required, being pro-active, originating action to improve existing conditions and processes.
Maintaining, promoting, and modeling social, ethical, and organizational norms, firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles.
Generating innovative solutions in work situations, trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required