Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
The CAD Designer works alongside and assists the Hardware Product Designer at AlphaLab Osprey and is responsible for the creation and delivery of finished CAD, Tooling Design and Simulations for a wide variety of projects across our gear carrying product line. With a keen eye for both detail and manufacturability, the CAD Designer is an essential part of the AlphaLab Team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with Designers to convert concepts/drawings into CAD files for review and development of hardware parts
• Re-size various parts into scalable size range
• Interpretation of hand sketches into a cad file
• Rework the cad file based on feedback
• Generate visuals of concepts for review
• Constantly seek innovative solutions to briefs
• Familiar with Rapid Prototyping of projects
• Create or analyze tooling design to ensure trouble free production
• Conduct Simulations, prototype testing, T1 and final part testing to ensure standards are set and established for production
• Cost Engineer products through the development process
• Seek suppliers of given projects
• Work with suppliers on costs and tooling amortization
• Generate graphics and patterns on 2d software
• Additional Functions – Other duties as assigned. The above is intended to describe the major responsibilities and requirements for this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or requirements.
AUTHORITY & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The CAD Designer is authorized to take reasonable action necessary to carry out responsibilities consistent with general guidance of the Prototype Manager. The CAD Designer is directly responsible to the Prototype Manager.
• Supervision Exercised: N/A
• Primary Contacts: Product Designer Hardware, Head of Innovation, and Prototype Manager.
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
Education, Experience, and skills:
• Education: Min B. Eng. or related
• Comprehensive understanding of the use of an engineering software: AutoCad, Solid Works, Creo, fusion360
• Experienced in developing and prototyping of multiple forms of solid molding injection
• Adobe illustrator would be a plus
• Strong English verbal and written communication skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation: Salary dependent on experience and qualifications
Paid Time Off (PTO): 14 days, plus 10 Holidays
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits Package. Lunch provided 5 days a week.
REQUIRED MEETINGS AND TIME/TRAVEL
Participation in all department and general company meetings/functions, and others relating to special assignments, as required. May be required to work outside of normal work hours or attend offsite training/business functions. Ability to travel as needed
It is understood that this document may be changed in the future in the best interest of Osprey and/or the customers served. Any changes will be discussed with the incumbent.