Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
The Career Services Officer is in charge of career guidance services, including internship advice and career counselling services, as well as participating in the overall career activities and events to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the students’ experience relating to career development and employability skills. He or she is also responsible to provide excellent customer service to our students, alumni and partners at British University Vietnam. The role is subject to change depending on the needs of the University.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Career & Employment Services
- Participate in planning and designing effective career programmes for students
- Exploring the need and demand of skills enhancement areas within the student body and propose activities and plan that serves the employability and personal development of students
- Update labour market needs and adapt to the activities and offerings at BUV to build a sought-after talent pool from BUV.
a. Personal career services
- Act as the main point of contact for students and relevant stakeholders when it comes to career advisory and counselling, determining students’ interests and abilities using a wide range of methods and assessments, interviews and materials.
- Provide high-quality and tailored career guidance and support (direct and indirect) for students in terms of career orientation, career planning, development of employability skills, and overcoming issues that could undermine their career success, as well as job/ internship application process (CV, Cover letter, interview, etc.).
- Deliver 1:1 career-related advisory and counselling to students.
b. Career activities
- Conduct workshops on a variety of topics, including writing resumes and cover letters, successful job interviewing, employability skills and professional development, careers & industry talks, as well as round table discussions.
- Plan and organise short courses and training sessions that enhance students’ hard skills and soft skills, using university network resources or education and training partners
- Support in facilitating value-added activities for Faculty that professionally complement their academic modules and curriculum
2. Operation & Administration
- Advertise the presence of career services, especially the services in charge, within the University and with BUV partners, parents, prospective students and parents.
- Ensure accurate and timely updates of personal career services…via Emails, Website, Facebook and Notice Boards.
- Database: Maintain and improve the career placement database that is able to capture collaborations between the university and industry partners
- Record & Filling system: Maintain and update the record and filing system of each student’s personal development portfolio and career progressions, job postings, employer contacts, industry partners,…etc
- Customer Services: Ensure quality customer services & timely responses to a variety of written requests from students and parents for information relating to career services via telephone, correspondence and/or electronic mail
- Administration: Assist in the administration of the operations of Career Services in charge.
- Participate and support in other extra-curricular activities of the department
- Assist the department in preparing periodic reports and newsletter updates for Management and the University
- Assist the Student Engagement Division in other areas when the need arises
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Education, Human Resources, Career Guidance, Coaching & Counselling
- Experience related to one or a few of the following areas: Education and training, coaching and mentoring, career counselling and guidance, and recruitment and talent development
- Excellent spoken and written English and Vietnamese with the ability to correct English and Vietnamese usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary
- Effective interpersonal skills with different stakeholders
- Computer literacy in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Passionate in supporting young people’s personal and professional development
- Master’s Degree
- Any professional qualification related to one of the following areas: education and training, coaching and mentoring, career counselling and guidance, and recruitment and talent development
- Knowledge of Career and occupational resources, career aptitude and assessment tools, labour market trends, and opportunities.
- Excellent time management, organisational and networking skills
- Flexibility and cultural awareness
- Proactive and Ownership-taking
- Customer & Service Orientation
- Strong Problem Solving and Analytical Thinking skills
- Creative Thinking & Innovation
- Communicating Effectively
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Planning & Organising
- Relationship Building & Networking