What We Can Offer
1) Sales Generation
• Generate sales by ensuring that the Guardian’s target customers are provided with the products and services that they want.
• Seek innovative products sourced throughout the world to provide newness and interest in the Guardian’s offer.
• Develop in liaison with the marketing department attractive and interesting promotional events which follow pre agreed selling plan.
• Work closely with retail and sales management to ensure that store layouts, promotions and display techniques are effective in maximizing sales and profit from the specific merchandise categories.
• Keep abreast of retail environment by paying regular visits to stores and competitors and take appropriate action to ensure competitive advantage is maintained.
• Develop cataloguing matrix to ensure that varying customer needs are satisfied in different localities.
2) Profit Generation
• Establish and maintain effective margin and price controls which maximize business profits whilst delivering a good value offer to the customer.
• Negotiate and work with vendors to build mutually beneficial relationships to ensure long term strategic partnership, leading to lower costs and higher margin.
• Maximize profit by utilizing category management techniques to manage assortments, pricing and promotion.
3) Stock Control
• Manage stock levels and mark-downs to ensure that product availability is high yet ensure that cash flow is maximized by controlling stock levels in both warehouse and stores within set targets.
• Establish and maintain effective SKU control.
4) Systems and People
• Actively exploit benefits of new merchandise management system ensuring sales, profit and costs are effectively managed.
• Develop and train subordinates ensuring that they are customer and product focused.
• Manage performance through the setting and reviewing of individuals’ performance.
• Build an effective and open working relationship both within the Merchandise Department and with other Departments.
• Assert a high level of administrative control to ensure the smooth running of the specific Merchandise Departments.
• Important quantitative items which best describe the scope of your job
(eg sales volume, budgetary responsibility, number of subordinates).
• Budgeted sales, profit, income and stock levels.
6) Decision-Making Authority
• Buying for responsible categories.
• Vendor negotiations on margin, promotions and listings.
• Retail pricing
• In-store display for relevant categories.
• The successful implementation and use of new merchandise system.
• Understanding Category Management approach to Buying.
• +4 years FMCG/ Retail experience (knowledge of Beauty and Healthcare is a plus)
• Energetic and action orientated
• Negotiation skills.
• Influencing skills
• Customer centered
• Open to change
• Well planned and Forecasting.