Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
- Salary Level: M-11, Step 1 (USD 33,440 base salary per annum) plus other benefits as mentioned in the Job Description
- Work Location: Mekong River Commission Secretariat, Vientiane, Lao PDR
- Contract Type/ Duration: Fixed-term Appointment/One-year contract with annual renewal for a maximum of six years
- Date posted: 19 January 2024
- Closing date: 16 February 2024
*** Job Summary:
The job holder is to increase the ability of the MRC to effectively communicate and consult with key stakeholders and partners (general public, media, development partners, NGOs and others). S/he maintains good internal communication on key issues, and informs the external audiences, in particular through the media, to raises awareness about the activities of the MRC in the region and internationally. S/he supports the development of MRC policies and strategies for international cooperation and public relations and ensures those policies and strategies are effectively implemented.
*** MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the management direction of the CEO and technical guidance of the Chief Strategy and Partnership Officer, the incumbent performs the following duties:
• Work primarily on outreach activities and public relations, responding to public queries, engaging with civil society, technical institutions and donors, organising outreach events for the public in collaboration with the Stakeholder specialist of the Planning Division;
• Support media relations, assisting the Communication Officer for Press in responding to media queries, drafting press releases, preparing FAOs and press kits, organising press conferences, arranging media interviews with the senior management and experts, monitoring and analysing media trends and opportunities, and, when authorised, acting as spokesperson;
• Formulate the organisation’s communication strategy including crisis communication, develop annual work plans and implement communication campaigns in close consultation with the MRC’s leadership and the Chief Strategy & Partnership Officer, in order to foster the positive image of the organisation to win the public support;
• Assist and work in partnership with the Stakeholder Engagement Specialist to implement the MRC’s effort in widening its engagement with civil society organizations, the private sector and the academia;
• Provide communication support to the MRC’s substantive organs, including the Council, the Joint Committee, and the Secretariat’s divisions and teams, and closely work with the National Mekong Committees;
• Support the in-house communication/media activities and the production of knowledge-based information materials for public dissemination;
• Draft texts for articles on MRC news and events, web- and social media-contents and other public information materials such as brochures, infographics, and newsletters;
• Take photos and video footages on MRC activities for public information and archiving;
• Oversee the production of multimedia products, conceptualising storylines for audio-visual materials and supervising the work of photography and videography consultants;
• Closely work with Web/Graphic Designer to ensure the MRC websites, social media platforms and publications’ graphics are well designed and user-friendly;
• Support fund-raising and public campaigns to secure funds for the organization;
• Lead the establishment of work relationships with the key stakeholders, including government agencies, media, NGOs, civil society, researchers and other interested members of the general public;
• Provide communication advice to the senior management as well as the member countries;
• Lead the capacity building of the National Mekong Committees in communication work;
• Support all divisions in copy-editing of technical reports for communication purposes;
• Support the divisions in the preparation of communication products;
• Support M&E Specialist in the preparation of the Mid-year and Annual Report;
• Support the Chief Strategy & Partnership Officer with communication with development partners and related tasks;
• Assist in proofreading and fact-checking the organization's online newsletters;
• Perform other relevant tasks as required.
4. SCOPE OF AUTHORITY
(a) Supervision requirements: The position does not require any formal supervisory responsibilities.
(b) Level of autonomy: Decision making follows defined procedures. The position does not administer a budget, yet has responsibility for ensuring the financial accountability of the MRC.
(c) Level of problem solving required: Problem solving skill is expected and the incumbent must display sensitivity, initiative and creativity.
(d) Level and type of communications required: Communications are wide, within and outside the organisation, and require considerable oral and written skills.
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
• Master’s degree in communications/ public relations/ journalism or other related field. In lieu of the Master’s degree, a Bachelor’s degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying professional experience may be accepted.
- Additional certificates:
• TOEIC certificate with 600 points and over is required. An equivalent internationally recognized certificate or a university degree from an internationally recognized academic institution whose instruction is in English may also be considered.
• 7 years of practical working experience in communications, public relations, external relations, social sciences;
• Work experience with international organisations and media relations;
The remuneration package, subject to change, includes:
- Annual net base salary exempts from tax by Lao authorities, starting at M-11 Step 1 with US$ 33,440 with a living cost of 5% of the base salary;
- Non-residential staff members who are relocated to the duty station (Vientiane, Lao PDR or Phnom Penh, Cambodia) are granted with 7% on the post adjustment and 7% on hardship allowances annually, and a rental subsidy of USD500 monthly.
- The MRC’s contribution to staff member’s Provident Fund (pension fund) of 14% of base salary per annum;
- Coverage of health insurance for staff and eligible dependents, and accident insurance (on a shared basis with the employee) for staff;
- Other entitlements and benefits such as dependency allowance (USD40/dependent), annual leave (30 days per year), sick leave (30 days per year), special leave with pay, maternity and paternity leaves, education grant (75% of maximum USD12,000 per an eligible child for non-residential staff and 5% of the base salary for resident staff), annual health check (subject to budget availability), annual vaccination including Covid-19 vaccines, and more;
- Non-resident staff members who are relocated to the duty station (Vientiane or Phnom Penh) are granted with a subsidized home leave, shipment of personal effects to and from the duty station up on joining and conclusion of service with the MRC Secretariat.
All MRC Secretariat staff members are subject to a six-month probationary period.
The duration of the assignment of MRC Riparian Professional Staff is up to a maximum 6 years according to 1995 Mekong Agreement.
THE MRCS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO APPOINT A CANDIDATE AT A LEVEL LOWER THAN THE ADVERTIZED LEVEL OF THE POST.
The Job Description is subject to revisions by the MRC.