What We Can Offer
Act as a business partner for the Business Units under Sembcorp Utilities Division in the implementation of a robust risk management and internal control system. Be part of the first line of defense to drive the business growth and sustainability by embedding an adequate culture and awareness of risk management within the Vietnam and Southeast Asia markets (“Markets”)
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Be the subject matter expert on risk management and the Integrated Assurance Framework and provide necessary guidance and support to manage the risk management & internal control system within the daily business operations.
2) Identify and assess the key financial, operations, compliance and IT risks to the business and recommend practical solutions or controls to assist the business in managing and monitor those key risks. Whenever relevant, advise on process / controls improvements to address the underlying issues associated with the risks.
3) Establish the indicators to monitor the risk performance and perform ongoing monitoring of those risk indicators.
4) Report the risk performance and work closely with the relevant business / functions to close out all outstanding action items identified.
5) Review and assess the risks for new investments and projects and provide necessary support in putting the appropriate measures for control.
6) Monitoring and follow up on Management Action plans arising from risk surveys, external reviews and integrated audits
7) Perform risk related analysis and provide insight to drive risk value add to the business.
8) Enhance risk awareness and culture through series of training / seminars and aim building a robust risk management culture to the Markets.
9) Build trusted relationships with key stakeholders by supporting the implementation of key initiatives such as BCM and insurance from Group Risk and act as the key risk point of contact for all Group Risk related matters.
10) Perform vendor pre qualification as part of the procurement process (Only for China)
1) Obtaining buy-in from key stakeholders on the implementation of risk management & internal control system.
2) Getting people on the ground to understand and apply risk management concepts into their day-to-day business operations.
KEY DECISIONS & DIMENSIONS
1) Provide calibration and assessment of risk assessment results and present independent view to the Market Head
2) Determine when to escalate key risks issues (i.e. to Market Head, Group Risk, etc.) based on the established escalation procedures
1) A good degree from an established universtity preferably in the fields of Economics, Engineering, Commerce or Accounting/ Finance
2) Minimum 6 years of risk & control related working experience
SKILLS/COMPETENCIES & PREFERRED CHARACTERISTICS
1) Good knowledge of risk management and control concepts, leading risk management practices and standards
2) Team player with positive attitude
3) Highly driven, independent and resilient
4) Versatile and mature with strong stakeholder management skills
5) Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to influence, negotiate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders
6) Effectively bilingual in both English and Chinese.
- CV in English with recent photo