Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
About the position
Under supervision of the Consul, the Consular and Passport Officer provides passport and consular advice and services to Australian citizens in Vietnam.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Provide advice and assistance on passport and consular matters such as, notarial issues, travel advice and current Australian elections
• Liaise with local authorities and provide advice on the interpretation of Vietnamese laws
• Draft reports and Third Person Notes
• Perform notarial functions and the duties and responsibilities of sub-collector of public monies and Custodian of consular change float
• Undertake passport validity checks and parental consent checks
• Undertake passport interviews and processing and issuing of emergency passports
• Support other team members during absences / workload pressure times
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
1. You must have advanced communication skills with the ability to translate and interpret technical, legal and medical information between English and Vietnamese, both in the office and when liaising with government officials and agencies on behalf of the Australian government and your clients.
What would really make you stand out is that you have studied or worked in Australia and have a good understanding of Australian culture.
2. You must have a proven ability to work as part of a team, determine priorities and work effectively with your colleagues to achieve competing priorities. You should be able to demonstrate your sound judgement in achieving your work, management of time effectively, ability to understand, and implement specified procedures, and identify possible risks that could affect outcomes.
What would really make you stand out is demonstrated leadership
3. You must be passionate about customer service and have demonstrated work experience and/or educational training that highlights your skills.
What would really make you stand out to us is experience with helping clients through distressing or difficult situations.
4. You must have experience liaising with high level officials either in local or foreign government agencies, or multinational organisations.
What would really make you stand out is experience with the diplomatic community.
5. You must have experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and use IT equipment effectively.
• Demonstrated English and Vietnamese language proficiency
• Relevant qualifications, knowledge or experience in the provision of passport and consular services
• Relevant qualifications or experience in the use and maintenance of information technology systems would be an advantage
*** NOTE: To be considered for interview, applicants must address each of these selection criteria individually in one document. Applicants that fail to address the selection criteria and include referees will not be considered.
With the subject of: CONSULAR and PASSPORT OFFICER POSITION (insert your name here)
* Only electronic applications will be accepted and should be submitted via email (max. 2 MB) or via our page at http://hcmc.vietnam.embassy.gov.au/hchi/Careers.html
* The email cover letter to your application must include the following sections:
1. Written statement addressing each point of the selection criteria
2. Resume (with referees including email and telephone contacts)
3. Supporting documents, evidence of resume claims
* Duty Statement is available from the Consulate web address: http://hcmc.vietnam.embassy.gov.au/hchi/Careers.html
Closing date for applications is 22 January 2018.
Applicants will be shortlisted and undergo English-language testing prior to an interview with the selection panel.