Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
Manages all conventions, meetings and incentives from initial contact to completion ensuring maximum profitability and client satisfaction.
Directs and motivates team while personally assisting in the physical set up of the function rooms (e.g., tables, chairs, dance floors, podiums, etc.) and executing events based on requirements and standards. Develops and directs team to provide consistent, high quality service. Communicates performance expectations and trains staff in processes. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection.
The Convention Services Manager will be required to conduct their duties in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, in accordance with the hotel’s policies and procedures, ensuring that a high level of service is maintained.
*** CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
1. Supporting Convention Services Operations
• Entertain in conjunction with approved familiarizations and site inspections to build a good rapport and professional relationships with clients and industry peers.
• Liaise with Sales Department at point of initial negotiations with client to assist Sales Department in providing profitable and efficient proposals.
• Administration of all convention, incentive and meetings business with close liaison with client, Rooms Division and Sales Department.
• Arrange group check-ins in liaison with Front Office management.
• Monitor group billing accounts for accuracy, and co-ordinate with Credit Manager, for delayed payments.
• Conduct briefing with PCOs and discuss potential business, communicating outcome to respective salesperson for further networking amongst Starwood properties.
• Responsible for site inspections & sales calls with the focus being the introduction of new business for the hotel.
• Delegates tasks to ensure room sets are “on time” and meet Event Service Standards.
• Manages departmental inventories and assets including par levels and maintenance of equipment.
• Establishes consistent standards for regular meeting room sets and VIP meeting room sets.
• Conducts function room inspections prior to each function to ensure the room is set according to specifications.
• Maintains cleanliness and sanitation standards in all banquet operation areas.
• Acts as a liaison between Banquets, Event Planning, Event Delivery teams and the group contact throughout the event.
• Coordinates the necessary departments to maintain the meeting room standards.
• Reviews the Diary weekly to ensure space maximization.
• Ensures function rooms are set according to event documentation (Banquet Event Orders, resumes, etc.) and customer requirements.
2. Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Makes presence known to customer at all times.
• Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
3. Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Conduct development and performance reviews, identifying key personnel for further development and structured career pathing.
• Implement and maintain training systems to ensure that associates have the necessary framework and skills to perform their job efficiently and effectively.
• Prepare work schedules and annual leave schedules within budget, business expectations and guidelines of the appropriate industrial legislation.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Conducts monthly department meetings with Convention Services staff.
• Schedules employees to ensure shift coverage and meet business demands and productivity goals; critiques any variances.
4. Additional Responsibilities
• Ensure that up to date files are kept to allow improvement of revenue forecasting and manpower planning.
• Work closely with F&B associates to ensure all aspects of the event have been cost effective and serviced both clients and hotel needs.
• Preparation of a comprehensive run-down report and coordination of run-down meetings for each event.
• Monitor all correspondence to ensure it meets with Hotel and Regional policy and procedures.
• Review all daily food & beverage and conference charges posted to relevant accounts during each convention, meeting or incentive, to ensure that all charges are in line with run down and event orders.
• Consult with Executive Chef to prepare menus, which will attract business and yield a satisfactory profit.
• Assist in the building and maintenance of relationships with PCO's, Corporate Meeting Planners and Incentive Houses.
• Ensure deposits, contracts, and settlements are received as due.
• Participate in the preparation of the Strategic Business and Operating Plans
• Prepare monthly outlook/forecast reports.
• Uphold the company’s Cares culture by demonstrating the Hotel Service Standards at all times to guests and fellow associates.
• Personally ensure compliance with all relevant Workplace Health & Safety and Occupational Health & Safety rules and related Sheraton and company’s Policies.
• Align management style, working practices and conduct with Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers’ Vision, Corporate Values and policies. To comply with Sheraton’s Code of Conduct at all times.
• Be well versed and knowledgeable of Sheraton Fire and Evacuation procedures as well as health and safety requirements in the Workplace. Ensure employees are aware of their duty of care as determined by legislation and that they maintain complete familiarity.
*** MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
• Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
• Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding..
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
2. Managing Execution
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
3. Building Relationships
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
4. Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
5. Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
o Event Planning - The ability to connect with customers, detail events, upsell products and services, manage multiple customers at a given time, be detailed orientated, understand and have a working knowledge of catering and event management systems.
o Event Services - Have a working knowledge of standards and procedures for proper meeting room and table set-ups, various meeting room and table configurations and the set-up of staging and dance flooring.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
• At least 3-year experience in the event management, food & beverage, or similar position in 5-star hotels.
• Diploma or bachelor degree in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, or related major.
• Fluent in English
• Having Front Office, F&B background is a plus
• Professional working environment under Marriott International
• Work alongside a high-performing and self-starting team in one of the leading hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
• Details of orientation, induction programs, learning tools and courses equipped
• Explore programs with generous discounts and exclusive rates for all Marriott properties
• Associate recognition and rewards program quarterly and annually with regular appraisal culture
• Free duty meals, uniform and parking
• 24/24 personal accident insurance, social insurance, health insurance
• Competitive salary and benefits