What We Can Offer
Reporting To: Excecutive Director of VBCWE
Closing date: 05/10/2021
This exciting, newly created role will lead the business development and member engagement of VBCWE across the private sector in Vietnam. The position has been established to build a stronger relationship with private sector companies to progress the conversation and action around Workplace gender equality (WGE). The role will further strengthen the Association’s business and strategic planning, identifying market opportunities and developing WGE services and supports for businesses to build more inclusive and equal workplaces.
This business consultant shall be working under the overall supervision of the Executive Director and together with the HR and Training Manager, Assessment and Advisory Lead, MEL Specialist and International Gender Specialist for the overall development, technical advices and support service provision of workplace gender equality of the association. The business consultant will also cooperate with a Diversity and Inclusion Specialist, Monitoring and Evaluation team, Research Specialist and also with Gender Equality Training and Development Manager from Investing and Women Program for service and advisory provision of the association.
I. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES, DUTIES AND TASKS
The role of the business consultant will be as follows:
1. Participate in building an corperate development strategy together with the strategy of developing products and services.
2. Study, research the market, competitors to find development opportunities for VBCWE
3. Develop business development initiatives, events and partnerships as a platform for robust sales
1. Build a diversified pipleine of prospective private sector clients through systematic research and tailored sales outreach
2. Identify potential opportunities of providing services, developing clients in line with the Company's strategy
Advise clients on suitable solutions from VBCWE’s products and services , based on their needs
3. Cooperate closely with the VBCWE’s technical divisions to provide clients the quality services as committed.
4. Prepare, present and negotiate service contracts for services and contract implementation conditions
Set up system
1. Set up business development management system
2. Set up business development team
3. Set up business KPIs
II. JOB DIMENSION
- Analysis and advice: Acts as business advisory consultant to Executive Director on tactical and strategic issues in own area of expertise.
- Functional expertise : Has a deep and solid understanding of the assigned function around business development processes, company engagement and the link between with other functions. Must have adequate knowledge on building client pipeline, business strategy, consultancy and training experience.Experience in diversity & inclusion and also work experience in commercial sector will be a bonus.
- Stakeholder Management Interacts with a large group of stakeholders on a tactical level.
- Process improvement: Drives continuous improvements in processes throughout own function.
- Autonomy and supporting colleagues Collaborate with others teams/departments and provides feedback and input in respective areas.
Education : Bachelor degree in Business Administration, management, organisational strategy or other equivalent degree.
At least five years’ experience in business development, sales and marketing management, advisory service provision in commercial sector, in the country.
Experience in human resource or training consultancy.
Experience in project reporting.
Experience in proposal writing.
Proficiency in English.
Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
Core Values (Required)
• Valuing diversity and inclusion
Core Competencies (Required)
• Client Centric
• Results Driven
• Self- starter – should be able to initate and implement indepedantly
• Effective Communications: should be able to balance awareness-building alongside sales
• Resilience: should be able to adapt easily to dynamic needs
• WGE Knowledge and Commitment
Functional Competencies (Required)
• Coordinating & Networking
• Persuading and Influencing
• Strong team player and ability to work with diverse individuals and organisations
• Proactive in all of leading activities
• Well organised; able to meet deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multicultural environment
• Strong understanding of protocol