What We Can Offer
Do you want to help others discover their potential strengths and enhance their life skills?
A CAREER AS AN OUTDOOR EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR will be the right job for you
Outward Bound Vietnam is seeking energetic and inspired local applicants to join our Outdoor Instructor Training Programme. This Trainee Instructor Training Programme offers a great foundation for any career working in the outdoors, life skills, in character development and teaching.
Outdoor Trainee Instructors will be trained by a diverse team of Outward Bound Vietnam Instructors from different countries, in different skills connected with outdoor activities, facilitation skills, safety procedures, and more to become an Instructor at Outward Bound Vietnam. Our teams of instructors have a strong sense of community spirit and an adventurous nature.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF AN OUTWARD BOUND INSTRUCTOR:
- Teach outdoor education courses at Outward Bound Vietnam for different customers. This requires the Instructors be flexible to work in various environments.
- Run 5-day hiking expedition.
- Be able to build important life skills such as resilience, teamwork, communication, initiative, and other similar character-based values.
- Become a member of the Instructor team, working in a fast-paced and co-operative team environment to create safe and inspiring courses.
- Undertake different roles when taking care of young people outdoors. For example: the leader, the coordinator, instructor and adviser.
- Make plans and propose activities designed to enhance the learning of youth and ensure all targets of the course are met.
- Meet the customers and communicate necessary information before the course.
- To be in charge of technical support for other Instructors in activities such as rock climbing, abseiling, kayaking and more.
- Develop personal skills and personal abilities.
- Take care of safety equipment and report damages to the person in charge.
- Candidates who have suitable teaching experience and / or a background connected with sport or outdoor activities will be given priority.
- Be in good physical health to meet the requirements of the role.
- Ability to guide others.