What We Can Offer
• Drive the garment development process from receipt of tech pack to production buy ready for assigned products/factories, with an emphasis on product sampling, costing, engineering in accordance with the development calendars.
• Work closely with key stakeholders (UK category team, T1/T2 vendors and cross-functional supply chain team) to drive the Garment development processes in Asia to ensure on-time prototypes, fitting, SMS, testing until PP samples sign-off to meet desired function/key feathers, costing, manufacturability as well as on-time launch
• Ensure all tech packages/product specifications are accurately created, maintained and updated OTIF in system
• Lead the PP meetings to ensure smooth transition from development to production
• Be proactive in applying garment construction and manufacturing processes re-engineering to maximise cost benefits and improve margin
• Responsible for ensuring product compliance to relevant legal standards in both safety and chemical
• Drive key vendor self-approval initiatives, i.e. tech packages creation, Certified QC program etc., to improve development lead-times and efficiencies
• Team player, able to lead when required, capable of working cross functionally with good project management skills.
• In depth Garment manufacturing processes in a factory environment
• Better understanding of fabrics, trims and related testing
• Good time management skills to control development critical path to ensure key milestones met
• Strong communication skills both verbally and electronically in a multi-cultural environment
• Teamwear experience is preferable
• Graduated from textile engineering/garment design background
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with major international brands in the Garment Development and Engineering