What We Can Offer
• Attend development builds as required under direction of Operations Engineering Directly Responsible Individual (DRI).
• May provide guidance and resources to contract manufacturing (CM) partner engineers.
• Acts as project leader on a variety of complex projects.
• Plans, develops and implements technically complex procedures for PCBA manufacturing process, rework, and testing.
• Make recommendations for changes required in testing equipment (ICT and Functional test), manufacturing processes, and new testing requirements.
• Designs and develops technically complex new processes to improve quality and efficiency.
• Provides early manufacturing involvement to ensure new products are manufacturable. Activities include driving out costs in design/PCBA manufacturing tooling, influencing designs so that they are manufacturable, reducing complexity by using standard size packaging.
• Interface with Apple Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) Subcontractor and manage technical aspects of Volume Manufacturing builds including rework processes, with direction as necessary from Operations Engineering DRI.
• Ensure Apple PCBA Subcontractors/JDM partner adherence to Process Parameters and Procedures as well as approved Manufacturing and Test processes. Ensure maintenance of specified quality levels at PCBA Manufacturer.
Min 3 years of SMT experience
Other added technical knowledge e.g. Hot Bar, ACF, COG, reliability, electrical & mechanical design will be an added advantage
Willing to travel to support validation builds worldwide (China, Taiwan, Korea, Thailand)
Able to relocate and support sustaining projects
Good communication skill
Demonstrated strong leadership skill
Good team-player and able to work with multiple functional groups
Engineering education level and related experience.