What We Can Offer
The Director of Engineering, Mobile plays a key role in GeoGuard’s success by overseeing all product development activities for the mobile development team in Vietnam. Reporting directly to and taking direction from the Head of Development, this position is accountable for managing all stages of the development process, including gathering and compiling product requirements, developing product timelines, adjusting plans and schedules as required, ensuring the overall quality of the products, and maintaining open communication with stakeholders at all times. The Director of Engineering, Mobile is accountable for the management and performance of the mobile development team and ensures their individual and collective success.
Your key accountabilities and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
• Managing the team of technical product managers (TPMs) and team leads to develop and maintain products assigned to the Mobile Team.
• Working with the TPMs to ensure the requirements are gathered from all stakeholders and the product roadmaps are developed.
• Working with the TPMs to ensure the product delivery to meet the schedule as well as with high quality.
• Addressing issue escalations raised by team members that may impact product requirements, features, or project timelines and managing accordingly; communicating potential risks, production issues, or delays to the team, peers, and executive management.
• Analyzing critical production incidents and providing clear and fair analyses of the root cause, describing the mitigation steps and learnings in the incident report; delivering incident report to the Head of Dev and the executive management team.
• Ensuring product guarantees geolocation compliance by working with the development team to forecast and test all potential vulnerabilities; document and strategize how to ensure each fraud risk is mitigated.
• Working with QA Leads and product managers to optimize the QA process for each product.
• Communicating technical information that can be easily understood by a wide variety of audiences of varying levels of technical knowledge; providing coaching and guidance on best practices in communication of technical information to the development team.
• Working to create synergies across the company and encouraging early communication of development plans to other departments; facilitating multi-function brainstorming sessions to assist with problem solving and collecting external suggestions.
• Seeking to ensure that the business team is aware of key decisions made in the development process, particularly as they relate to the choices made on important functionality included/excluded in each new release.
• Working together with the product managers to define the PDLC for the mobile team products.
• Onboarding new customers.
• Providing sales support related to GeoGuard’s products to potential new customers, including the development of pre-sales documentation as requested.
• Managing development team activities and performance, providing guidance to the Product Managers, Development Leads, QA Leads, and all team members; recruit, mentor, motivate, train, and coach employees ensuring their individual success; manage leaves and hours of work.
• Manage resource allocation for different product teams in the Mobile Team.
• Build a good engineering culture for the Mobile Team: good collaboration, good communication, good mentoring, continuous learning.
• Developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of the company’s products, processes, and technologies.
• Understanding the company’s vision, goals, and strategy, and actively contributing to the achievement of the goals and execution of the company’s strategy.
• Ensuring documentation is always up to date and comprehensible to all stakeholders.
• At least 8 years in a product management/engineering management capacity, leading a team of developers and QAs
• At least 2 years in a engineering director or equivalent positions managing a team of technical product managers, developers, QAs to deliver the product portfolios aligning with the company strategies
• Demonstrated ability to plan and manage product life cycles
• Good leadership skills with ability to motivate team members and others involved in projects
• Solutions-oriented with ability to work under pressure
• Desire to see things through to completion to all parties’ satisfaction
• Strong communication and ability to adapt to communicating with different stakeholders such as to clients, developers and administration team members, across different time zones
• Fluent English skills in verbal and written communications
• Experience preparing reports and presentations, and data analysis
If you have what we are looking for and would love to join our team in Vietnam, we want to hear from you! This position is located in HCMC, VietNam.
To learn more about us, visit www.geoguard.com
We sincerely thank all applicants for applying; if we like what we see and feel you are a match for our position, we will be in touch.