What We Can Offer
Director of Human Resources oversees HR systems including handling employee relations, ensuring compliance with regulations, managing budgets, assessing staffing needs, hiring employees, designing training programs, and developing compensation plans of AKYN Hospitality Group (“Group”).
This position requires to drive operational excellence through maximizing the effectiveness of human resources and related functions across the Group.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Set clear long-term strategies for the Group in terms of human resources and related functions with the BODs;
• Be a role model in developing a culture that enables employees to perform in accordance with the Group’s vision and core values;
• Ensure compliance with authorities' orders and government regulations with regard to employment law and tax regulations;
• Explore the market best practices in recruitment, staffing, training development, and implement appropriate best practices in the organization;
• Conduct interviews and assists with the timely and accurate application and processing of Work Permits for expatriate employees;
• Develop and implement human resources policies and procedures;
• Lead enterprise initiatives to facilitate the development of a strong performance-driven culture, including the development and measurement of KPIs for Operations staff;
• Develop and implement key performance measures to analyse HR performance and prepare action plans and support the planning of short- and long-term strategies. This includes, not limited to, surveys, staff turnover, loyalty, recruitment statistics, learning and development measures, etc…;
• Develop Compensation and Benefits programs for Group level;
• Develop onboarding programs for Group;
• Develop performance evaluation programs for Group;
• Develop performance development programs for Group;
• Develop short-term and long-term, soft skills and advanced skills training programs for the Group;
• Develop yearly events including but not limited to training events, team building events, socialize events, and more that support achieving and strengthening the Group’s vision, mission, and corporate values;
• Responsible for internal communication with the employees;
• Other ad-hoc tasks as assigned by CEO from time to time.
In charge of developing HR strategies for developing hotel projects, but not limit to supervising HR operation of operating hotel projects. This position also works closely with HR Department of hotels operated by international operator.
Personnel related responsibilities
• Plan for future staffing needs;
• Conduct interviews with potential candidates;
• Clear job descriptions and tasks assigned for each position within the department;
• Direct staff training and probation and performance evaluations;
• Prepare development plans for the successor;
• Coach, counsel, and provide constructive feedback to enhance performance;
• Arrange efficient work schedules.
Financial related responsibilities
• Prepare an annual budget based on Group’s direction and objectives of the year;
• Continuously monitor the expenses and ensure yearly expenses are within the approved budget.
• Director of Human Resources should have formal qualifications in Human Resources and /or Hospitality Management and Business Administration;
• This position requires a minimum of 5 years experience in senior Human Resources roles, preferably in international integrated resort development;
• Should have experience in partnering with business managers and have a high level of written and oral communication skills;
• Experience in managing Staff Facilities (accommodation, transport, catering, etc.) is preferred;
• Must have exposure to high volume recruitment (1000 new hires), and experience in implementing HR technology (online recruitment platforms, workforce management systems, online onboarding, and HR information systems);
• Fluent in Vietnamese and English;
• Ability to lead teams and empower staff;
• Ability to innovate and create new concepts. Ability to communicate and cooperate with everyone in the organization;
• Ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural, multinational environment.
• Efficient use of Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.