Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
The ideal applicant has significant work experience in both qualitative and quantitative agriculture economics research, value chain analysis, and value chain development. The applicant is adept at designing, implementing, and reporting both qualitative and quantitative studies. He/she worked with tablet-based survey software. The agriculture economist will have a strong interest in using insights to make a positive impact on the Vietnamese agriculture sector. The applicant has excellent analytical skills, is results-driven, and proactively takes on a wide range of assignments, ranging from value chain studies, sector studies, and farming systems research to using the collected insights to influence agriculture policies.
Agriculture Economist will be in charge of:
• Farm economics and improving farm management:
- Set up and implement both quantitative surveys and qualitative surveys to obtain a deep understanding of current farm management systems, productivity and profitability trends, bottlenecks, and opportunities which farmers face in a certain sector;
- Being part of a multi-disciplinary team, which will combine the collected insights and the latest applied research insights with participatory learning methods to increase the skills of farmers to manage their farm business;
- Setup a farm monitoring system with which, daily, for a representative group of farmers, all input-output data are collected, with which farm management styles can be compared, both from an agronomic and financial point of view;
- Together with the Fresh Studio agronomist, facilitate trials to test proposed changes in farm management, monitor these trials, and provide the financial insights required to evaluate the trials.
• Value chain analysis & Value chain development:
- To be a member of the multi-disciplinary Fresh Studio value chain team, which analyses the structure, conduct, and performance of various food chains. These insights will be used to work with carefully selected actors in the chain to develop a value chain;
Analyze all actors' characteristics and financial performance in a food chain from input supply till final consumption. Analyze topics such as traded volumes, prices, value, number of actors, number of jobs created by the current chain, margins division within the chain, trends, bottlenecks, opportunities, possible change agents, etc.;
- Analyze cost-benefit analysis and finance of investments that aim to upgrade product chains to value chains.
• Market and sector studies:
- Undertake market and sector studies, which will provide insights into the structure, conduct, and performance of certain markets. How great is the current demand, which different channels are supplying this market, who are the key actors in each channel, what volumes/prices/value/prices in the various channels, etc.;
- Monitor the agricultural sectors by keeping an eye on trends that affect agricultural production, distribution, and consumption in Vietnam;
- Analyze collected data using appropriate statistical methods to inform, influence, and improve the business decisions of clients, agricultural organizations, or public policymakers;
- Establish an extensive network among farmers, traders, companies, authorities, and financial institutions to stay informed about agricultural developments.
• Monitoring & Evaluation Support:
- Support the M&E specialist to monitor and report progress towards the achievement of established targets and objectives utilizing indicators agreed in the Monitoring & Evaluation plan for various projects of clients;
- Design, implement and report upon baseline surveys;
- Set up a system to monitor the impact of certain interventions on farmers within the project and outside the project to determine the project impact.
• Consultancy: Implement other related tasks as assigned.
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in the agricultural sector;
- Capable of performing financial analysis of a farming system, including profitability analysis and investment planning (NPV, IRR), cost-benefit analysis of investments;
- Experience with conducting both qualitative and quantitative surveys (PRA);
- Experience working with both primary and secondary data;
- Affinity with teaching farm management practices and coaching. Experience developing training programs is considered a plus;
- Able to work with one of the statistical programs (R, Stata, SPSS, or similar);
- Proven track record in producing high-quality reports and scientific publications in English;
- Available to travel frequently to fieldwork sites in various Mekong Delta provinces upon request;
- A team player with a hands-on mentality;
- Excellent communicator;
- Effective time management and organizational skills (e.g. ability to plan and arrange own work with minimal supervision);
- Professional, passionate for excellence, and result-driven;
- Proactive; passionate for sustainable food;
- Eager to learn and discover;
- Excellent both in oral and written Vietnamese and English.