What We Can Offer
Design & Construction Project for all E&M System (Rolling Stock, Signaling, Telecommunication, Power Supply, OCS, Track work, PSD, AFC, Depot & Workshop Equipment, F-SCADA, Signage & Graphics) for New MRT Line-1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
2. Job Description:
1) Job Title & Role; –Electrical Supervision Engineer
Hitachi is seeking an experienced Electrical Supervision Engineer for Wayside coordination, design reviews and installation works to form part of the Construction and Installation (C&I) team for the E&M systems in the successful execution of the Project.
The candidate will report to the Implementation, Wayside & Stations C&I Manager.
2) Job Details:
In addition to the duties of Electrical Supervision Engineer, you may be called upon from time to time to assist in other related duties that may be considered necessary in respect of your employment. It is also an expressed condition of your employment that you will always act in the best interests of the Company.
Reporting to Project Manager, Deputy Project Manager, and Implementation, Wayside & Stations C&I Manager; Electrical Supervision Engineer will be responsible for the following works:
1) Supervise E&M installation and Testing & Commissioning at sites
2) Make & sign the Inspection Report for site supervision
3) Make sure that all installation and Testing & Commissioning works comply with the designs
4) Report to line managers and solve any site problems
5) Assist in the project reporting process
6) Assist in the close out of engineering interfaces
7) Provide design support to the subsystems as required
8) Review of engineering design documentation and drawings
9) Review of construction and installation documentation and drawings
10) Assist in assuring project engineering processes are implemented on site
11) Take part in project team meetings and prepare minutes as required.
12) Establish and continuously develop the project wide Permit to work system and Construction Railway Operating Rulebooks/procedures
13) Ensure understanding and compliance by the contractors members and subcontractors
14) Liaise closely with the health & Safety Dept in all matters for Railway safety and permit applications
15) Establish a weekly permit to Work contractor meeting and control the issuance of any permits as required at site
16) Work in conjunction with the Construction and Installation Team and Test and Commissioning Team as required
17) Be prepared to travel to various site locations to support the project requirements
18) Ensuring all company safety, quality, environmental, commercial and project management procedures are followed as relevant to tasks undertaken.
19) Interact and interface with subsystem teams, subcontractors, adjacent contractors, the Employer, the Employer’s Representative and any third parties for the execution of the project as necessary.
20) Any miscellaneous tasks related to engineering instructed by the / Implementation, Wayside & Stations C&I Manager
o Cable Management System including cable tray, trunking, troughing, conduits installation, etc…
o Management of all systems installation including Power, CCTV, Comms, PSD
o Cable installation (power, control, and data) including termination
o Miscellaneous equipment forming part of the Wayside deliverables and associated connectivity
o Temporary works implementation
o Permanent works implementation
o Resolution of installation interface issues between adjacent contracts CP-1a, CP-1b, CP-2
o Resolution of installation interface issues between HTC systems teams and subcontractors
1) Bachelor of Electrical Engineering
2) At least 5 years Experience as Site/ Electrical Engineer for E&M installation in construction projects or equivalent
3) Practicing certificate of supervising E&M installation into construction projects (Level 1 or level 2)
4) Good English Skills
5) Experienced in managing a site installation team in a railway / construction environment
4. Project Overall Schedule (Tentative)
1) Project Commencement : August, 2013
2) Revenue operation : 2025
5. Employer: Hitachi, Ltd. Ho Chi Minh Project Office
6. Work Place: Hitachi, Ltd. Ho Chi Minh Project Office (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)
7. Mobilization Schedule: As soon as possible