Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
The Secretary of University Council reports directly to the University’s Provost. The Provost has continuing general responsibility for the coordination and development of all University academic units and programs and exercises general supervision of all academic appointments and budgets.
The role of the Secretary of the University Council is of paramount importance and requires a high level of confidentiality, discretion, and independent judgment. The Secretary of University Council supports the Provost in all aspects of his role, through scheduling, travel planning, interpreting, communications, and project management, and also supports the day to day operations of the University Office.
• Structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, doing research, and analyzing and developing any recommendations
• Devise solutions to complex challenges related to University Office priorities and initiatives and prepare streamlined and informative presentations for University leadership
• Represent the Office on specific university-wide planning working groups and committees, develop and maintain productive relationships with a range of stakeholders across campus and in the community
• Acting as the first point of contact and on behalf of the Provost; monitor data and key agenda
• Serve as a gatekeeper for all meeting requests, meeting minutes, and follow-ups
• Synthesize disparate information from University centers, institutes, and campus partners; requires skilled decision making in assessing and triaging key information
• Provide staff support for campus initiatives and major projects
• Serve as liaison with departments involved in high-priority program and project advancement
• Work and maintain relationship with the network of the Provost and external stakeholders; support in the public communication section
• Make decisions and generate recommendations that contribute to the solution of University-wide strategic activities
• Assist with strategies to develop, optimize and evaluate initiatives, and keep them moving and on schedule
• Provide briefings for and staff leadership in strategic activities; monitor, analyze, and report on overall results to internal and external stakeholders
• Communicate with academic and/or administrative units, updating them as necessary on the status of key initiatives
• Handle tasks relevant to compliances including but not limited to develop and implement an effective legal compliance program; proactively audit processes, practices, and documents; set plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
The salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
• Master degree or higher in related field; preferably in higher education from prestigious university
• Passionate in higher education and eager to contribute
• 3+ years of professional experience in higher education or other relevant fields
• Experience working with faculty and faculty-led initiatives is preferred
• Experience with higher education strongly preferred, but not required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Excellent communication in both Vietnamese and English
• Able to earn trust in relationships with others by consistently demonstrating integrity (honesty, consistency, and reliability) and professional competence
• Ability to understand data and perform some analytical tasks
• Highly proficient organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to remain courteous and professional at all times
• Demonstrated ability to review and prioritize work independently and effectively
• Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and creative when problem-solving
• Is persistent and able to deal with complexity and ambiguity
• Ability to maintain calm and positive attitude and to work productively despite heavy workload, competing priorities, complex problems, and tight deadlines
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations/information with absolute discretion