What We Can Offer
1. The Canadian International School (CIS) delivers the Ontario Curriculum Kindergarten to Grade 12 entirely in English. After Grade 10, students are eligible to apply to the IBDP Programme Years 1 and 2, Grades 11 and 12.
2. The Bilingual Canadian International School (BCIS) delivers the Vietnamese National Curriculum, Grades 1 – 12 and instruction in English language oral and written fluency according to the Canadian education system and the UK iGCSE Curriculum.
3. The Canada-Vietnam Kindergarten (CVK) delivers programs for children ages 18 months to 5 years old.
4. The Albert Einstein School (AES) delivers the Vietnamese National Curriculum, Grades 1 – 12 and the Pearson UK English Program.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, CISS holds a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
The position(s) listed in this posting is/are for the duration of 2-years. The contract period may be extended upon mutual agreement.
Postings for Canadian International School - Bilingual (BCIS)
iGCSE Curriculum Positions for Grade 9 & 10:
1. Maths Teacher
2. Science/Physics Teacher
3. Chemistry Teacher
4. Biology Teacher
5. Humanities/ Business Teacher
6. Global Perspectives Teacher
7. Economics Teacher
8. IT / Computer Science Teacher
9. English Teacher
10. Art & Design Teacher
Teachers with a minimum number of 2 years experience in teaching iGCSE in the following subjects.
Responsibilities of the classroom and specialist teacher are:
● Preparing and delivering lessons and assessment in line with the Cambridge iGCSE curriculum
● Create a warm and welcoming learning environment
● Ensure all Health and Safety, and school policies are followed
● Collaborate with grade team teachers and rotary teachers in planning
● Apply Achievement Chart criteria of Knowledge and Understanding, Thinking, Communication, and Application
● Implement effective educational technology strategies to engage student learning
● Incorporate a gradual release of responsibility, explicit teaching and guided reading practice
● Integrate CISS character education values into the curriculum and into the day to day school life
• Contribute effectively to the ongoing success of the school in providing high-quality education for all students, with particular attention to developing students as global learners, citizens and student leaders
• Support all students in developing a love of learning and in achieving their full potential
• Ensure that all students develop competencies in literacy and numeracy, creativity, communication, collaboration and thinking skills
• Develop caring, positive and professional relationships with students and staff
• Model the attributes celebrated in the Ontario Character Education Program
• Participate fully in the development of short and long-range teaching/department plans
• Implement effective teaching and learning strategies that include the use of educational technology
• Work with the School Leadership Team in the implementation of school improvement work
• Inspire public confidence by developing positive relationships with parents and the school community
• Lead, coordinate and/or support co-curricular activities, sports, and school events such as arts and culture
• Establish and contribute to an inclusive, caring and safe learning environment
• Work as a professional learning community to share effective practices provide rich learning tasks for students and use meaningful and authentic print and digital learning resources
Remuneration is based on experience and qualifications. It also includes housing allowance, costs of flight to and from Canada (Toronto or Vancouver) to Ho Chi Minh City once per year, a one-time settling-in allowance, free tuition for the first child and a 50% reduction in tuition fees for the second child. Basic medical and health insurance is provided.
Tentative Start Date: July 23, 2021
Submit the following:
● signed Offence Declaration: Offence Declaration
● cover letter
● resume including your current OCT
● the names and contact information (telephone number(s). + email addresses) of three (3) professional references
Your referees are, preferably, those who have been in a supervisory role to you and who can be readily contacted to provide a reference by phone or email
- Minimum Bachelor of Education Degree or equivalent