What We Can Offer
- Responsible for the serving and communication of the gate activities and services for external customers at Pre-gate office.
- Responsible for accurately and quickly processing and monitoring traffic at Gate Booths/ Gate Lanes.
- Ensures that communications with the shipping lines regarding trucks containers booking are clear and without error.
- Ensures that communications with the ICD’s regarding truck containers are clear and without error.
- Interact and communicate with Dispatchers/ Terminal Supervisors/ Yard Planners to ensure trucks and trucks traffic flow related to Gate transactions are handled in a professional and efficient manner.
- Check, inspect and confirm trucks, containers, seals status in computer and by Terminal Operating System (TOS)
- Note any apparent damaged containers or missing seals on import/export containers.
- Issue EIR (Equipment Interchange Receipt) at In-Gate /Out-Gate Booths.
- Issue Routing Ticket and handing over or collecting BAT with/from truck drivers.
- Issue the CMT (Container movement tickets) for Customers at Pre-gate office.
- Issue Invoice and collecting money from Customers for their charges/fees occur at SSIT as per gate transactions correctly.
- Work and communicate with Customers about their logistics plans related to their containers dropping off or picking up.
- Work with Customs for supporting customers in some cases if requested.
- Requires an understanding of truck / containers / terminal generally.
- Requires some knowledge of accounting, billing, and associated documentation.
- Requires a high level of documentation and organizational skills.
- Requires ability to use computerized Terminal operation software system(s).
- Has familiarity with the strict implementation of international standards of safe working practices within marine, stevedoring and terminal operations.
- Handle procedures and follows safety and work instructions.
- Has the ability to communicate operational instructions and information via two-way radio system.
- Understands common used hand signals to communicate without radio system.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Has some knowledge of tariffs, customs rules, regulations and practices.
- Must be proficient in desktop computer software programs, such as MS Office, and other software programs for specific purposes.
- Must have the awareness in time management
- Ability to work in a rotating shift system.
- Sometimes, could be able to work in hot, dusty & high wind level conditions.