What We Can Offer
The General Accountant is responsible for all areas relating to accounting and taxation. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position manages a variety of accounting activities including general ledger, banking, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, tax filings and the year-end audit. Reports directly to the Osprey Vietnam Finance Manager and indirectly to the Corporate Controller - US.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure timeliness, completeness of collecting invoices, documentations & information from vendors, customers and other department for monthly closing.
• Coordinate payroll, payroll filings, and payroll reporting with HR & Admin Manager and outsourced accounting firm.
• Administer company payments via bank transfers and petty cash; create monthly expense ledger
• Ensure compliance will financial regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to: corporate income tax, payroll tax and transfer pricing.
• Recommend policy and process improvements at all levels relating to the VN Operations.
• Ensure all internal controls are in place and complied with, and that policies are in accordance with reporting requirements.
• Implement and manage processes and procedures so that accounting records are prepared, maintained and reported in accordance with all applicable accounting requirements.
• Assist with insurance renewals and related risk management activities.
• Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Additional Functions: Other duties as assigned. The above is intended to describe the major responsibilities and requirements for this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or requirements.
AUTHORITY & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The General Accountant is authorized to take reasonable action necessary to carry out responsibilities consistent with general guidance of the Osprey US Controller and Finance Manager - Vietnam.
• Supervision Exercised: None.
• Primary Contacts: Communicates regularly with Osprey US Controller, Finance Manager - Vietnam, department managers. Periodic communications with external auditor; Tax authority, outsourced accounting firm; banking contacts; insurance, health and benefit providers. Other vendors as needed.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent required
• 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible accounting experience required
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills (Listening/Speaking/Reading/Writing)
• Good knowledge of Vietnam taxation and legal accounting with experience to deal with tax authorities
• Must be familiar with financial analysis, accounting and auditing
• Excel proficient and solid data management skills
• Must be capable of making management decisions and comfortable in a management position
• Excellent internal and external customer service skills required
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently or in a team environment as situation necessitates
• Professional attitude and ability to represent all aspects of Osprey as a company
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and qualifications within the salary pay grade.
Paid Time Off (PTO): 14 days
Benefits: Private health insurance provided; lunch provided 5 days per week.
TECHNOLOGY AND ASSETS ISSUED
• Laptop PC w/dual monitors
REQUIRED MEETINGS AND TIME/TRAVEL
Participation in all general company meetings/functions, and others relating to special assignments, as required. May be required to work outside of normal work hours, especially as it relates to video conference meetings with US HQ, or attend offsite training/business functions. Attend management meetings, as needed. Probability of extra time needed for month and year-end close.
It is understood that this document may be changed in the future in the best interest of Osprey and/or the customers served. Any changes will be discussed with the incumbent.