Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
RMIT University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam is creating an innovative research, teaching and learning culture. We are committed to providing internationally recognised high-quality education and professional training for our students, clients and members of the community. As an internationally recognised Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam is assisting in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region.
Degrees are awarded by RMIT University in Australia, allowing Vietnamese students to receive an overseas education without having to leave home. Given its international profile, RMIT Vietnam is also host to students from Australia and many other countries. All degree programs are recognised by the Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) and are subject to regulation by the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency. The academic programs span from vocational English through to undergraduate, post-graduate and Ph.D. programs. All teaching at RMIT Vietnam is in English.
RMIT Standings in university rankings
We are ranked #1 in the world for our efforts to reduce inequality in the Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings 2020.
RMIT has a deep commitment to innovation, research and teaching, we are a 5-Star university under the QS Stars international evaluation system and are 223rd globally in QS World University Rankings 2021 (moved up 15 places compared to 238th last year), being also 18th in the world among universities less than 50 years old (2014 QS Top 50 Under 50 index).
Head of Risk Management and Compliance role is a position of significant influence that provides critical capability to RMIT Vietnam through effective independent oversight of RMIT Vietnam’s risks and influencing risk-based decisions, working closely with the Management and under the direction of the Director, Finance cum Chief Accountant and Headquarter function to identify, measure and evaluate all key current, emerging and future risks. Primary responsibility is the development and oversight of risk management frameworks that proactively and effectively manage risk with appropriate tools for the measurement, reporting and control of the University’s financial and non-financial risks. The position shall also lead the preparation of RMIT Vietnam for regulatory compliance reviews required by the TEQSA Act for the RMIT University registration as an Australian University in Vietnam, including CRICOS for the delivery of overseas students and relevant regulations under the Law of Vietnam. The Head of Risk Management and Compliance ensures the provision of internal audit activities across RMIT Vietnam including project management, high-level reporting to the management.
1. Risk Management
- Exercise the leadership in collaboration with Headquarter to execute vision and direction for risk management across RMIT Vietnam ensuring the risk framework and function is proportionate to the scale and complexity of the activities undertaken by the University.
- Manage continuous reviews of the entity’s risk management policy and framework to ensure it remains fit for purpose.
- Deliver high level reporting on risk management to Director Finance, Vietnam Leadership Team and the Members’ Council of RMIT Vietnam and in executive management and governance committees. • Lead a cohesive and collaborative stakeholders/team to ensure effective and efficient risk oversight and foster a high performing and engaged group of individuals.
- Initiate development activities to enhance capability of the organization to harness opportunities through effective risk management readiness through communication and training programs, performance measurement and other change management programs.
- Effectively challenge and assure against the activities and decisions that materially affect RMIT Vietnam's risk profile or cause management to act outside the risk appetite and tolerance of the University.
- Lead the development of risk appetite framework (as per the Council’s stated risk tolerance).
- Facilitate risk reviews and assessments for key initiatives or projects that cross multiple schools, or portfolios, and may materially impact the University.
- Undertake deep-dive reviews and investigations into major incidents, issues or concerns that may significantly impact the University.
- Facilitate and oversee effective business resilience planning in accordance with the RMIT enterprise resilience framework.
- Coordinate and oversee the insurance function together with Headquarters to manage the annual process of insurance cover, claims management and reporting.
2. Education Compliance
- Lead the education compliance projects, report and advice as requested by the management and academic governance bodies, and in the development of informed government submissions.
- Coordinate with Headquarter to support the University’s renewal of registration project, towards submission with TEQSA, and oversee relevant education compliance activity thereafter.
- Provide high level advice and quality assurance monitoring and oversight of compliance actions across RMIT Vietnam as a multi-sector provider.
- Oversee the communication of TEQSA’s requirements and associated legislation across the organization including RMIT University Executive and Governance bodies.
- Contribute to internal planning and review documents, policies, procedures, and briefings, including assisting the Director, Finance cum Chief Accountant in the provision of advice to senior management and executives on confidential issues and possible action relating to regulatory compliance risks and academic risk and due diligence.
3. Internal Audit
- Collaborate with the internal audit lead in Headquarter in development of the institution's annual audit plan.
- Manage performance of audit assignments, reviews audit reports.
- Keep abreast of internal audit policies and procedures, current developments in auditing professions and changes in laws and regulations as applicable.
- Develop and provides communication and training to internal stakeholders on internal audit related matters.
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or related field.
- Extensive experience in an executive senior risk management position in a multinational company in Vietnam or region.
- Demonstrated mastery of risk disciplines at an organization wide and integrated level, risk processes, tools and techniques, capital management, risk-related regulations and compliance.
- Ability to lead and exercise authority through expertise, and experience, showing both strategic and operational understanding of the business model.
- Experience presenting to executive committees, Boards (or equivalent), Board sub committees (or equivalent) with ability to contribute independent thought leadership to strategic decisions and debate.
- A thorough knowledge of professional standards, frameworks and tools to support risk management and regulation.
- Exceptional relationship building, stakeholder management skills, and communication skills, including working and managing across a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to influence a culture of risk awareness in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability in designing and implementing effective enterprise-wide risk processes and frameworks.
- Highly developed diagnostic, analytical and conceptual skills to identify, design and implement creative organizational solutions.
- Ability to lead, guide and coordinate multidisciplinary staff to create an engaged high-performing team and credibility for the function.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute effectively to an executive and senior management team environment that displays the values and behaviors consistent with the context and leadership culture of RMIT.
- Ability to display appropriate behaviors in line with the position and RMIT Values
- Senior leadership role located in Hanoi or HCMC, Vietnam
- Highly competitive VND salary package (plus benefits) depending on proven track record and experience.
- 13th month bonus, private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) and annual health check.
- 20 days annual leave plus 5 days paid leave Xmas closure, plus public holidays and 10 days paid sick leave.
- Free use of onsite gym
- Library on campus and online - access to RMIT Australia online library
English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS General with a score of at least 6.5 or equivalent.
To apply, please apply online uploading your current CV and cover letter with a statement addressing the selection criteria via our career page.