What We Can Offer
To provide leadership for all aspects related to Human Resources to successfully start up the operations of the plant, and then maintain ongoing by demonstrating great tenacity in understanding the business operations, and leveraging that knowledge to lead full-cycle HR functions. To provide administration and oversight to all areas of HR, including but not limited to: safety, recruitment & selection, wage administration, executive compensation, employee relations, job evaluation, performance management, employee benefits, training & development, terminations, legal compliance, audits, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures safety of the workforce.
• Reports and investigates accidents/injuries in a timely manner.
• Participates and partners in safety audits, both internal and external; proposes and implements, as approved, changes to necessary to meet audit requirements.
Policies and Procedures Implementation/Compliance:
• Ensures compliance to statutory regulations that affect hiring and employment.
• Develops and implements HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
• Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
• Ensures that all personnel files are complete and employees receive notices and updates forms as required by law.
• Informs management of any changes in employment law.
• Able to manage HR internal/external audit ensuring the ethical and compliant process in HR operations.
Recruitment and Selection:
• Manages full-cycle recruitment and selection process.
• Evaluates labor needs of the plant and provides Senior Management with hiring recommendations including position requirements, compensation data, and all pertinent facts for making hiring decisions.
• Creates and updates job descriptions in partnership with hiring management.
• Contracts with outside suppliers/agencies to provide employee services, such as temporary employees, search firms, or relocation services, and negotiates fees, as required.
• Coordinates and conducts interviews.
• Conducts background checks and manages the post-hire process.
• Plans and conducts new hire orientation and new hire paperwork to foster positive attitude toward the company goals and business strategy.
Salary and Compensation:
• Must lead the HR/Payroll system implementation.
• Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
• Maintains pay plan and benefits program(s).
• Completes payroll for salaried and hourly employees.
Performance Management/Employee Relations:
• Oversees and manages a performance appraisal system that drives high performance. Natures a positive working environment. The ability to serve as a change agent who is able to “make it happen” while building positive relationships on a foundation of trust and mutual respect.
• Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
• Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations in a timely and confidential manner and recommends action plans.
• Highly collaborative with clients and co-workers with ability to engage with remote and international team members.
• Conducts exit interviews and manages the termination process.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of Human Resource experience (start-up plant operations experience is strongly preferred).
• Two (2) to three (3) years in a manufacturing environment is required.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Six Sigma is strongly preferred.
• PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP certifications preferred.
• Prior experience managing direct reports.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows Desktop, web browsers, etc.; HR/Payroll system implementation (Diginet).
• Ability to work without supervision consistently performing duties to company standards.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
• Critical thinking/Problem solving/Conflict resolution
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Effective time management
• Exceptional work ethic