What We Can Offer
Roles and Responsibilities:
To lead a team of HR officers to deliver excellent HR services to all expats working at Apollo, including but not limited to visa, work permits, payrolls, questions related to working in Vietnam etc.
1. Compensation & Benefits (40%)
At operational level
• Ensure new and renewal labor contracts are prepared in a timely manner and well communicated to expat employees. Coordinate well with centres for this purpose.
• Ensure accuracy and timely payment of monthly payroll for all expats.
• Ensure the monthly PIT and year end PIT finalization is well managed and well communicated by team. This is very important for expat groups whose PIT are complicated due to different contract durations and expats’ unfamiliarity to local laws.
• Ensure work permits, visa and resident cards of expats are well managed by team with full legal compliance. Coordinate with Expat Recruitment and Engagement Manager to provide informative and clear work permit/ visa application processes for expats at pre-employment and onboarding stages.
• Manage expat employee benefit schemes effectively, including but not limited to pre-employment checkups for expats, Health and Accident Insurance for Employees.
• Ensure job title and job level system is updated on time. Review and propose changes to match with internal equity and market practice.
At consultancy level
• Understand the salary of key competitors in the market to propose revision to our rewards schemes to attract and retain talents.
• Review rewards programs. Initiate changes to ensure practical business needs are taken into account, in light of market’s practices and company’s budget.
• Give consultancy to Line Managers on remuneration packages for hiring and promotions, based on business needs, market data, salary budget and internal equity reference.
• Generate regular and adhoc reports. Highlight areas for attention and propose solutions.
2. Legal compliance (20%)
• Keep updated with labor laws, social and PIT laws and ensure legal compliance in HR operations.
• Ensure accuracy and timely report submission to Government Authorities, including regular reports (PIT, SMU, headcounts, etc.) and adhoc reports.
• Take charge to work with internal and external auditors for expat C&B function. Work on audit outcomes and propose any actions as necessary.
• Ensure legal compliance in discipline management. Consult with Internal and/or external lawyers where needed and advise line managers.
• Regularly review expat C&B operations and propose changes to comply with law requirements.
3. Service Delivery (20%)
• Set up effective communication channels (e.g. FAQ, surveys etc.) to ensure all expat employee questions are responded within committed timeline.
• Generate expat employee’s common or key concerns and propose systematic approaches to pre-empt or fix issues.
• Ensure expat C&B messages and announcements are well communicated in a clear, timely and professional manner.
• Ensure consistency at region and national levels in expat C&B operations and service.
4. Team Management and Development (20%)
Drive team to reach higher levels of performance and service delivery by
• Providing ongoing coaching and feedback through daily work and one-one meetings , especially to direct reports
• Develop team members and create career development opportunities through job rotation and extension
• Coordinate with the HR Manager – Local to ensure Hanoi HR teams are well-coordinated and can share tasks among local and expat teams
• Sound understanding and knowledge of Labor laws and PIT regulations.
• Highly customer oriented. Open for feedback. Proactively offer management team and internal customers best solutions in a fast manner.
• Strong problem-solving skills. Able to identify potential issues and find ways to pre-empt them.
• Ability to communicate and influence others in both Vietnamese and English.
• Ability to lead and inspire across teams. Proven ability to manage in a cross-cultural environment.
• Demonstrable belief in the vision, mission and values of Apollo.
• Demonstrate a growth mindset. Ability to work in ambiguity with a positive attitude and ownership spirit.