Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
We’re looking for an Industrial Designer, Furniture to create beautiful, modern furniture enabling the successful delivery of New Product Introductions (NPI) driving category growth.
The Industrial Designer is a strategic partner to the Product Design, Product Development, Product Management, Sourcing, Quality and Creative teams.
With a deep understanding of the Article brand and the North American Furniture market you will share best practices and apply your expertise on design brief execution; including design concepts, technical drawings and renderings, technical manufacturing capabilities, value product engineering and participate in prototype reviews.
The Industrial Designer, Furniture is an essential contribution to the Article team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Interpret the functional and aesthetic needs described in product briefs and design concepts supplied by the Product Design Manager/Product Design Lead.
- Translate design concepts into fully realized detailed 3-D renderings and technical drawing packages that are ‘factory-ready’ to enable the successful execution of the prototype supporting agile product development.
- Work in close collaboration with the Design, Product Development and Quality teams to ensure the designs are well executed against the design intent.
- Continuously conduct product research to gain an understanding of industry design methods, new innovations and construction advancements.
- Observe product trends and new offerings through market research, trade shows and in-market visits.
- Cultivate an understanding of costs associated with raw materials and design detail choices.
- Cultivate an understanding of Articles vendor manufacturing capabilities and proficiencies.
- Ensure the Design DNA for your category has the ‘red thread’ that ties into and complements the broader Product DNA across all categories.
- Become Articles in-house expert on design within the upholstered goods product category.
- Drive the creation of product concepts that embody Articles beautiful modern design elements.
- Report to and execute direction from the Product Design Manager/Product Development Manager and work within the Product Engine Team.
- Collaborate with cross functional team members to ensure full transparency and awareness throughout the product commercialization timeline.
- Course correct projects that fall behind schedule. Create and communicate a plan for these situations that outlines the action plan of the specific project, partnering with the broader Product Design and Product Development teams as required.
- Collaborate with the product design, product development, PLM, sourcing and costing teams to ensure the product design is meeting cost objectives along the development timeline, problem solving as required.
- Align with the Product Design Lead/Product Design Manager for all product reviews/selection meetings.
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
- Strong design and market sense with the creative ability to understand Article’s design aesthetic and recognize products that fit our brand.
- A deep passion in furniture design, modern furniture, décor and interior design.
- A clear understanding of critical path or Go-To-Market methodology with the ability to support workflow and achieve deliverables.
- Experience with key Design tools; Adobe Illustrator, Fusion, Solidworks, Inventor or similar design software.
- Proficiency in high quality 3D modeling and realistic rendering of soft goods.
Critical problem solving skills.
- Forward facing mind-set.
- Trust-building – you have the ability to build and maintain the trust of your cross-functional partners by communicating change clearly and timely with foresight into how a change may impact them.
- Relationship Building – you have a proactive positive approach in building and maintaining relationships with your cross-functional partners as well as the ability to influence effectively within a team-based work environment.
- Problem Solving – you are skilled at partnering with your cross-functional peers to a level that enables you to discuss problems and issues openly, bringing them to the surface earlier.
- Follow-through – you start initiatives/projects that you can see through to the end, despite the difficulty level. You track progress and performance and know how to report out to key stakeholders.
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we do our part to take care of our team. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- A team-oriented work environment. Article is lucky to employ a wide range of experts, and seeks to facilitate a culture of mentorship and curiosity. We take on the job learning seriously, and we have a lot of fun doing it.
- The tools you need to get your job done well! We supply state-of-the-art laptops and the software you need to succeed.
- Be a part of a fast growing company and an internationally recognized brand as we expand our operations into Vietnam.
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you.