What We Can Offer
The successful candidate will be part of the Internal Audit team that is responsible for helping the Bank to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate the adequacy of internal financial controls, operational and compliance controls, and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
Apart from focusing on audit planning and perform risk profiling of assigned entities and all aspects of assessments in accordance with Internal Audit standards, regulatory requirements and statutes, and best practices to identify emerging risks and industry issues and assess their implications for the audit entity, the candidate is encouraged to explore and develop analytics approach of the Internal Audit.
This role requires initiative to identify and pursue tasks to achieve the overall objectives. It also requires much persistence and persuasion getting the many different stakeholders on board supporting the mission. Diplomacy and professionalism are key attributes in breaking down barriers. Candidate with experience in internal audit of foreign banks would be preferred.
- Plan and perform Risk Profiling of audit entities and all aspects of assessments in accordance with Internal Audit standards, regulatory requirements and statutes, and best practices.
- Work closely with various business/support entities toaudit plan, execute and manage integrated audit engagements.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of the internal audit methodology, policy, procedures.
- Lead the team to conduct credit audits in accordance with the annual audit plan including ad-hoc review that may be requested by the CEO, Members Council or BOC from time-to-time.
- Recommend practical, business focused solution to improve risk management practices and internal controls to relevant management at the conclusion of each audit project.
- Monitor and review for quality and timeliness of audit work, including report writing.
- Prepare reporting to internal and external stakeholders, including BU Heads, State Bank of Vietnam, Members’ Council, Board of Controllers and UOB Group Audit.
- Track and escalate, where appropriate, significant issues and audit findings that remain unresolved
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Banking/Auditing or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACCA, CIA or similar) would be preferred.
- Has in-depth knowledge of credit assessment, banking operations and products, proficient in risk and control analysis and audit concepts for banking.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills with good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer focus and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong leadership skills, able to successfully coordinate and work well among team members and inspire others to take initiative and use intuitive thinking
- 05 to 10 years working experience in internal audit or credit risk management roles of foreign banks with sound knowledge of credit lending activities for wholesale banking.
- Knowledge of data analytics and familiarity with tools utilized to query, transform or present data such as SAS, Qlik View, Tableau etc is advantageous
- Able to successfully coordinate and work well among team members and inspire others to take initiative and use intuitive thinking.
- Able to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines and cope with change and diversity in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in English written and oral.