What We Can Offer
• The post holder is responsible to make sure IT services are delivered with high quality and are constantly developed and reliable to use. In addition, efficiently manage all IT related incidents and requests
Responsibilities: Managing and Provisioning
• Lead and work together with the whole school IT Steering Committee to develop a clear, ambitious, and achievable school IT vision and strategic plan.
• Participate in Regional IT meetings and projects.
• To successfully lead and manage a team to effectively operate and develop all IT services to meet the evolving school needs.
• To make sure the knowledge of the IT Support teams are kept up to date to be able to efficiently manage and constantly improve modern IT services that utilise the cloud and support the school’s operational and educational needs.
• To develop and maintain school policies that are aligned with NAE standards/Policies to secure the correct use of IT services and equipment in school.
• To manage and control the Whole school IT budget; prepare quotations and estimates for repair, maintenance, and replacement of ICT equipment.
• To ensure efficient asset management through the use of tools and processes.
• Follow NAE Cyber Security Guidelines and implementation of mitigation activities to prevent any possible intrusions and prevent any loss of data through illegal access and damage by malware/viruses.
• To fulfill any reasonable additional responsibilities as may be from time to time requested by the Business Director/Principal.
Operations and Support
• To successfully manage IT services using the NAE standard Service Management system - Service Desk Plus.
• To follow NAE Change Management processes.
• To ensure the network (+ Wifi) is operational during access hours and disaster recovery plans are in place.
• Responsibility for a regular preventative maintenance programme, resolving failures in hardware and software, and ensuring appropriate “housekeeping” tasks are implemented.
• To ensure all critical data is stored in the cloud and regularly test to restore data to make sure all configuration and procedures are working. Any existing local data should be planned to be migrated ASAP and whilst still in school the data must be backed up to de-attached storage solutions.
• To keep user accounts updated to ensure that the right and minimal permissions are in place.
• To participate in P1 and P2 incidents with group IT when necessary and to coordinate and communicate with impacted stakeholders. For all incidents provide support, investigation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
• To be accountable for securing that any in-school systems and infrastructure is kept up to date and regularly patched to secure maximum functionality and IT security.
• To perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• To maintain the server room environment and monitor and maintain equipment.
• To fulfill any reasonable additional responsibilities as may be from time to time requested by Principal or Business Director
• Experience from supporting an Office 365 centric organisation. (Office, MS Teams, OneNote, SharePoint, OneDrive)
• Experience from supporting an Azure Cloud environment, being supported by a centralized IT Organisation.
• Advanced working knowledge of managing modern infrastructure (HW and SW)
• Advanced working knowledge of the following Microsoft technologies: Windows Servers, Windows 365, SQL Server. (To be reduced by migrating to the cloud)
• Advanced working knowledge of security firewalls (Fortinet and Smoothwall preferred), Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune), Windows Defender ATP.
• Experience from supporting a “Bring your own device” environment (BYOD)
• Advanced working knowledge of standard & Wireless networking technologies including the Cisco Meraki family of devices.
In addition to an appropriate degree and prior professional experience:
• Experience from working in a MNC with Multi-site and multi-cultural environments is preferred.
• High levels of English (spoken and written)
• Ability to lead and work as part of an effective team and be able to sell the importance of necessary IT improvements.
• Experience in successful project management/ being structured.
• The ability to plan, monitor, evaluate, review and lead by example.
• High level of IT skills and qualification to degree level
• Have a cloud-first vision for school IT services and infrastructure that becomes aligned with NAE Global IT transformation programs.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills, be reliable and always show integrity.
• Ability to be a good communicator by utilising good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Able to manage own time and workload.
• Able to show initiative, common sense and retain a sense of humour.