What We Can Offer
This position focuses on day to day technology support for nearly 1200 students, 300 teachers/staff, 2400 parents and event guests. Support requests are received in person, via helpdesk tickets or phone calls. Support technicians provide in class support and special event support as requested.
- Perform installations, imaging, configurations and upgrades to devices such as Tablet PCs, Chromebooks, Macbooks, Ipads, Networked photocopiers, projectors and smartphones.
- Install, test, assemble and configure new and existing hardware and peripherals
- Troubleshoot problems with computer and network systems, including hardware and software and make repairs or corrections where required.
- Support Audio visual configuration in classrooms and shared spaces such as the theater, black box and health rooms.
- Support the cashless card system by maintaining cash kiosks, point of sales systems and troubleshooting card problems.
- Support event attendees, audio visual, setup and take down of audio visual such as live streaming.
- Contribute to maintenance of assets over school breaks.
- Assist with the organizing and maintenance of the IT asset room.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Industry certifications preferred such as: Amazon Solutions Architect, G Suite Administrator, CISCO Meraki or evidence of completion of online courses.
- Network Fundamentals: Active Directory, GPO, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WSUS, SSL
- Experience working with Data centers and LAN rooms.
- Experience with multiple operating systems such as Windows 10, ChromeOS, IOS, Android
- Experience with G Suite, Office 365, Adobe Creative Suite, Major web browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox), Apple iWork.
- Experience with Audio visual configuration in classrooms and shared spaces such as the theater, black box and health rooms.
Working in teams:
- Is familiar with service desk best practices such as: responding to support requests in a timely manor, reviewing and updating tickets multiple times per day.
- Contributes to team planning by adding tasks to the team backlog based on awareness of the team’s goals.
- Documents work such as research and new support procedures in order to share knowledge with the team.