What We Can Offer
• Uphold Blue Dragon’s mission and values.
• Ensure effective, innovative and secure systems to support the organisation.
• Ensure high quality IT equipment, software and services are available to Blue Dragon staff and beneficiaries.
• Ensure all staff have the capacity and support to best use Blue Dragon's IT resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Advise senior management on the direction, strategy and needs of IT systems, equipment and services to best support our work.
• Maintain an ongoing development and workplan for IT within the organisation.
• Audit Blue Dragon's Systems to identify weaknesses and areas for improvement.
• Develop, implement and monitor organisation’s IT policy.
• Keep abreast of and brief Management on developments in IT and IT education.
• Collaborate with HR to ensure staff have the skills and knowledge they need to use Blue Dragon’s IT equipment and systems. Network Management
• Oversee network administration including management of user accounts, email, profiles and data storage; firewall configuration and management; regular backing up of data and the secure storage of backup media
• Ensure that all computer operating systems and software conform to the organisation’s standards.
• Ensure the integrity of web pages and access security
• Purchase and oversee domain names; liaise with network provider; enhance SEO
• Enhance and maintain the intranet site
• Manage the peer-to-peer local area network for printers and scanners and the NAS (Network-Attached Storage) for data sharing
• Ensure all IT systems and software are secure and safe
Hardware and software support
• Oversee and provide the best support to Blue Dragon IT users
• Supervise for monitoring, maintenance and necessary upgrades of all computers, including desktops with a mixture of Windows and Open-Source operating systems at Dragon House; laptops used by staff in all the field
• Oversee the purchasing of IT equipment
• Ensure that all laptops and computers properly operate and prepare a list of controlled software or apps to be installed in The Blue’s laptops, iPad, desktops and others in compliance with organization's standards
• Manage and oversee all equipment assets and IT facilities.
• Oversee and implement the operations of the Blue Dragon’s security systems.
• Prepare and monitor IT budgets.
• The IT team leader is supported by the Support Service Manager and liaises closely with the co-CEO's and works collaboratively across the organisation. The IT team leader supports the IT technician.
• Experience in IT Team Leader role is an advantage
• Demonstrated experience in managing IT systems and security
• Experience in managing headquarters and branches
• Experience in working with Cisco network devices; VMware/HyperV virtualization systems; Microsoft software systems: Active Directory, Exchange email; Have certificate MCSA, CCNA is a plus.
• Demonstrated experience in developing systems
• High level of integrity
• Complex problem solver
• Highly organized, with an eye for detail
• A friendly and helpful manner, with a servant leader mentality
• Flexibility and willingness to learn and adapt to new situations
• Passion for working in an environment with disadvantaged young people
• Willingness to work flexibly, including out of hours and on weekends when required
• Able to work collaboratively as part of a team
• Good in written and spoken English is an advantage