What We Can Offer
• Perform duties assigned by Civil/Structural Director/Manager/Team Leader.
• Undertake structural calculations and analysis and produce economic and efficient buildable designs.
• Liaise with the project architects, other engineering disciplines, sub-consultants and clients as required.
• Undertake site visits as required.
• Undertake quality assurance checking of drawings and calculations produced by self and that of other team
members as directed by Team Leader/Manager.
• Ensure that all drawings are reviewed and checked by Team Leader/Manager prior to external issue.
• Produce structural design briefs, documents, reports and specifications as required.
• Assist with ACAD structural design drawings as required.
• Review shop drawings and material submissions from contractor/construction manager.
• Follow Company’s design procedures, professional standards/rules.
• Liaise with contractors and undertake site inspection duties as required.
• Degree qualified in Structural or Civil Engineering.
• Be a licensed Structural Engineer or eligible to become a licensed engineer.
• Years of experience: Level I: Minimum of 1 Year post graduate experience; Level II: Minimum 3 Years Post
Graduate Experience; Level III: Minimum of 5 Years Post Graduate Experience; Level IV: Minimum of 7 Years
Post Graduate Experience• Previous experience working within an Engineering consulting environment.
• Intermediate time management and organizational skills with the ability to self-manage billable hours and
ability to undertake own work with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy.
• Advanced knowledge of Structural Engineering Analysis & Design software packages (preferably ETABS, SAFE,
RAPT, SPACEGASS, PLAXIS or SAP 2000) as well as CAD and general office software packages.
• Intermediate knowledge of International Building Codes and Design Standards.
• Intermediate leadership skills with the ability to manage teams with a strong results-orientation.
• Intermediate written and spoken communication skills with a minimum basic understanding of English.
• Previous experience within design teams and on Author’s Supervision duties.