What We Can Offer
- Lead a team of shift Chemists/Lab Technicians and is responsible for safe & smooth lab operation to ensure zero non-compliance to regulatory & technical requirements.
- Ensure that the lab produces analysis results and reports accurately and on timely manner.
- Develop new lab procedures / work instructions for lab basic processes and analysis method if standard method is unavailable due to uniqueness of sample process and for the purpose of project improvement.
- Coach and train chemist to ensure competency of chemists to conduct the required analysis methods and follow lab procedures / work instruction.
- Establish good communication between the laboratory & other function stakeholders relating to laboratory matters and analysis methodology to understand and meet stake holder's requirement.
- Establish in-house and external lab Training Needs Analysis (TNA) for the development of all lab associates and ensure the lab meets the required training compliance
- Advise and ensure laboratory operation is in full compliance to lab management system and EHS & housekeeping (always clean work area) requirement.
- Ensure controls are in place and complied for lab equipment, supplies & chemicals including periodic preventive maintenance, calibration and inventory.
- Support cost saving initiatives in accordance to the allocated budget for the department.
- Maintain and consolidate lab quality and technical system including all documentation
- Participate as an auditee or auditor in internal audits
- 3-5 years working experience in related field
- Degree holder in Bachelor’s Chemistry/Applied Chemistry or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in Chemistry will be preferred
- Good analytical knowledge & skills in handling various analytical instruments.
- Experience with lab analytical instruments like ICP-OES, AAS, UV-VIS is preferred.
- Effective data analysis skills and ability to identify problems with lab sample analysis reports
- Have sufficient mechanical aptitude to conduct equipment calibration, assembly and carry out minor repair on analytical instruments.
- Possess good computer skills in Microsoft Office application.
- Possesses leadership capabilities and able to lead a flexible workforce.
- Proven ability to train and develop associates.
- Good verbal and written communication skill (English & Vietnamese languages)
- Possesses good problem solving experience.
- Good project management (planning) skills