Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
The Legal Manager will be expected to exercise a high degree of independence, excellent judgment, communicate effectively with high-level officials and stakeholders, address programmatic and operational issues, and advance the mission of Fulbright to foster diversity, equity, and inclusivity in access to opportunities throughout the Fulbright community. Given the start-up nature of Fulbright, the position encompasses a wide range of roles from front-line services to behind-the-scenes processing.
The Legal Manager is also required to effectively communicate the risks and legal issues involved in any decision to management. This enables the Executive Committee to make informed strategic choices within an acceptable legal risk profile.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Steer, lead, and coordinate daily in-house matter management:
o Ensure, monitor and oversee compliance with Vietnamese laws, in particular, education law, corporate law as well as and employment law requirements.
o Draft, negotiate, maintain, and oversee contracts, including but not limited to contracts for sales and purchases of goods, construction contracts, financing and security contracts, MOU and collaboration agreements.
o Draft, review, advise internal governance documents and policies.
o Research and anticipate unique legal issues that could impact the institution.
o Provide legal awareness training and legal subject-specific training for all employees. Effectively communicate the importance of legal documents such as contractual requirements, preservation notices, etc.
o Play a key role in collaboration, negotiations and managing costs with law firms and experts.
2. Provide legal matter management:
o Provide accurate and timely counsel and guidance on legal implications of matters involving Fulbright, including contractual matters, legal compliance, dispute resolution, coordination with auditors, and supervision of outside counsels, if and when required.
o Work collaboratively with Executive Committee, and/or outside counsel to define a strategic plan to any, and all legal matters involving Fulbright.
3. Contribute to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; explore new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; help others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Law and above.
• Experience: Minimum 10 years of experience preferably in international law firms and/or legal department of multi-national organizations.
• Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
o Proficiency in both English and Vietnamese languages.
o Strong knowledge of investment laws, enterprise laws, construction laws, labor laws and contract management. Experience in education laws and US rules and regulations is an advantage.
o Proven experience in advising construction and financing agreements and procedures.
o Proven ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, prioritize accordingly and maintain exceptional attention to detail.
o Strong analytical, problem solving, negotiation, law interpretation and implementation skills.
o Value and commit to integrity and confidentiality.
o Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills, including tact, discretion, empathy and cooperation.
What we offer:
• A full network of supportive colleagues
• A dynamic, innovative, and professional working environment
• Intensive English-speaking environment
• Competitive salary and high-end insurance schemes
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Opportunities to participate in public talks, workshops, seminars, as well as other fun activities at Fulbright
• Opportunity to be one of passionate team members who share the same belief in the transformative power of education and see the unique opportunity in creating a new university.
How to Apply:
• Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position along with your resume
• The position will remain open until filled.
• Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further process.