What We Can Offer
Liaison Librarians are responsible for liaising with customer groups within a nominated program(s), managing the development and delivery of digital literacy, digital inclusion and research support for the nominated program(s), developing and maintaining collections in nominated areas, and contributing to the strategic development of information services across the Library.
• Support learning & teaching through the development, delivery and evaluation of innovative digital literacy programs for users to help them to develop effective skills in the discovery, evaluation and use of information resources, and linking users to learning resources relevant to their study enabling them to become independent and effective information users.
• Liaise and collaborate with assigned customer groups in order to establish good working relationships; promote the Library’s services; and understand the needs of the RMIT Vietnam community to provide high-level support.
• Evaluate and report information literacy skills levels to Teaching and Learning Librarians as well as school program managers to make changes to the library training program so it continues to be an integral part of the learning and teaching requirements for all areas of study.
• Assist academic and teaching staff to find digital and print resources to build their course in Canvas while making sure the contents are embedded according to copyright and licensing guidelines.
• Design and deliver training workshops in the development programs for academic and teaching staff such as new induction, non-teaching week and other events organized by the Office of Executive Dean.
• Acquire knowledge of academic and research programs to provide assistance to the Research team when requested.
• Attend various library, Schools and University wide meetings/committees and represent the library at important internal/external events as required.
• Actively engage in library professional organization activities as well as keeping up to date on the latest trends and techniques within the profession regarding library science, information technology, higher education, research, etc.
• Contribute to the strategic direction and objective setting processes of the Library by participating in team forums, projects, working parties and committees.
• Provide expert reference and research support, through physical and virtual service points, including taking rostered shifts at evenings, weekends and public holidays as required.
• Undertake other library duties as required.
• Act in the role of Learning and Teaching Librarian as directed.
• Relevant degree and/or postgraduate qualification and relevant experience and training sufficient to undertake the duties required.
• An understanding of contemporary teaching, learning and research issues in academic environments.
• Demonstrated and extensive Library experience in liaising in an academic library.
• Demonstrated ability to develop collaborative work teams, locally and internationally and also to work independently.
• Experience in working with the same position.
• Demonstrated knowledge of trends and best practice in libraries to support students and staff in higher education.
• Demonstrated and extensive experience in reference work, during which a broad range of knowledge and expertise of discipline-relevant information sources has been acquired.
• Competitive VND salary (plus allowances) depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
• 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check.
• 20 days annual leave plus 5 days paid leave Xmas closure, plus public holidays and paid sick leave.
• Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
• Free use of onsite gym
• Library on campus and online - access to RMIT Australia online library
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
Please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your experience by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ link.
Applications close on 7 September 2021