What We Can Offer
Performs, as directed, all necessary maintenance of the facility, equipment and grounds, in a timely and cost efficient manner. This includes trouble shoot and repair of mechanical, electrical and control systems.
• Troubleshoot, repair, problem-solve, and maintain all electrical control problems for all manufacturing equipment.
• Test all equipment and control functions of new controls established or designated by First Solar Controls dept.
• Download new software changes/upgrades specified by the Controls Dept. and maintain current software databases for Base Plant
• Assist IT Dept. with the setup, installation, and testing of all communication devices for PLC’s.
• Identify, research, prepare and present solutions to control problems and continuous improvement projects.
• Document and follow-up problems relating to controls
• Provide all written documentation for indication of proper testing on all projects submitted from the Controls Dept.
• Provide timely, constructive feedback to personnel concerning project status and concerns
• Assist new equipment commissioning technicians to verify that their testing of control systems is done correctly and efficiently completed
• Research, prepare and present solutions to problems
• Responsible to interface with other Company and Supplier Representatives
• Maintains effective communications levels and fosters team work
• Ensures adherence to all safety procedures and good housekeeping standards
• Interfaces effectively and cooperatively with other Departments
• Performs predictive and preventative maintenance on any or all production equipment
• Develops and implements new electrical preventative maintenance tasks, procedures, and schedules
• Perform other assignments as required.
• Technical Disciplines/degree in one of the following fields – Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechatronics, Automation
• Safety first mindset.
• General electrical/electronic and mechanical knowledge
• Self-directed, ability to work with minimal supervision
• Good written and oral communications skills.
• Able to trouble shoot and solve problems on the manufacturing line
• Ability to deal with administrative as well as technical tasks.
• Ability to communicate in English
• 12-hour shift working (14-17 days/month)