What We Can Offer
• The Data Governance manager is expected to shape the future data asset management capability by facilitating the creation of processes, policies and standards based on strategic technologies defined as well as business strategy alignment.
• The Data Governance manager will work with stakeholders from business units to our technical teams and relevant third parties to deliver a data governance program which provides business agility, insight and analytic capability and continuously improve data quality and data protection within enterprise.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Understands business operation and objectives to define how data will be used effectively for reporting and analytic activities of every enterprise function.
• Assess the current state of an enterprise’s information management capability to plan a Data Governance program.
• Support in aligning the data governance program to the enterprise information and information security strategy.
Governance Framework and technology setup
• Develop standards, policies and procedures to provide technical assurance for the on-going implementation of the data governance program within the business. In which:
1. Develop data governance policy
2. Define the dataset and data quality metrics for each strategic domain (Customer, Distribution channels and Partners).
3. Develop the Metadata for enterprise.
4. Document the workflows towards the resolution of any data issues within the enterprise, integration to the change management process.
• Implement and apply the related Data governance technologies which enable the framework effectively and efficiently. Which includes:
1. Data governance workflow
2. Metadata management
3. Master data management
4. Data linage
5. Data quality rules and metrics monitoring
6. Data security
7. Document management and communication page.
Data Governance Project implementation
• Manage the delivery of the data governance program.
• Work with IT Project manager, Data architect and Development team on projects and changes implementation to ensure data governance goals implemented based on risk management approach.
Data Governance Operation
• Daily monitor Data governance metrics via tools and provide appropriate mitigation action.
• Identify and adjust business cases adjusted periodically to reflect changing priorities of Data Governance.
Education and knowledge
• B.A Degree or higher in Information Management System related field.
• Understanding of financial and accountancy terminology in general and Insurance industry terminology in specific.
• At least 5 years of experience in working with information and data governance role.
• At least 3 years experienced as a team leader.
• Experienced in communication with business departments in convincing remediation needed.
• Certifications/licenses: CDMP/Informatica Certification (Preferred) & PMP
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – able to liaise with staff at all levels.
• Strong ability to communicate embed information, business process and system wide changes to a technical and nontechnical audience
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities.
• Excellent writing skills, with the ability to create clear requirements, specifications and documentation