What We Can Offer
1. Main Responsibilities
• Evolves and fosters adoption of the vision and mission of the PMO across leadership, stakeholders, and the team itself.
• Garner vision and mission support: Engages senior leadership and business partners to define goals and operating model
• Develop the team: Leads the identification and development of project team roles, team configuration and recruitment appropriate to deliver the agreed-upon goals and objectives.
• Generate project portfolio to improve operating excellence and generate growth: Defines, manages and directs the needed end-to-end work effort, which includes leveraging best practices and techniques in identifying, quantifying and tracking the realization of expected benefits defined in business cases.
• Manage how the team delivers: Leads the definition and implementation of project management processes, methods, tools, reporting, guidelines and standards in order to establish a stable framework that supports all teams and stakeholders to improve the probability of successful project delivery.
• Manage vendor relationships and performance: employ best practices to engage vendors, measure performance, and hold them accountable
• Manage to portfolio budget: Accountable for the Program/Portfolio Budget, and all associated financials, including baselining, tracking, and reporting.
• Manage department financial reporting: Responsible for the support, maintenance, tracking and reporting on the Technology Budget.
• Manage and mentor team: Provides ongoing coaching and mentoring to staff and project managers.
• Build trust: Builds and maintains relationships with senior leadership and key stakeholders, and acts as a trusted advisor.
• Keep up with best practices: Regularly reviews and evaluates opportunities to improve the project management best practices.
• Create a center of excellence: Leads (where one is agreed and needed) the establishment of a strategic project management community of practice to facilitate collaboration and best-practice sharing among project managers and key stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 6-8 years of work experience in project management, operations, and/or leadership in a consumer facing sector
• Strong conceptual, analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills with specific experience in statistical modeling (Excel and data visualization experience preferred)
• Experience with capacity/demand analysis, forecast modeling, conducting field studies, and data collection
• Proven track record managing complex projects and/or programs that resulted in cost savings
• Multiple years proven leadership experience setting strategic direction and influencing change that resulted in quantifiable positive outcomes
• Experience managing large investment budgets