What We Can Offer
The position shall be primarily responsible for
• Execution of automation projects of various applications like gunning, spray (spray machine and spray robotic), scanning (laser scanner), shotcrete, pump cast, DVM feeding/ application etc.
• Work with vendors to work on the concepts, thus identified, and implement those.
• Create safety, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation design documents for projects.
• Conduct studies to determine the feasibility, costs, or performance benefits of new mechatronic equipment.
• Publish engineering reports.
• Set up maintenance protocols and spares management for automation equipment and trouble shooting.
• Train and develop team at sites for operation and maintenance of automation equipment’s
2. Dimensions of Position:
• Responsible for execution of automation projects including trouble shooting, preventive maintenance, spares management and training of operators of various applications like gunning, spray, scanning, shotcrete, pump cast, dryvibe etc.
• Make significant impact in maximising the application output by ensuring high level of maintenance of automation systems at the customer locations in accordance with the group standards.
• Transfer automation concepts developed at other locations in the group for similar applications in Indian customers.
• Conceptualise automation possibilities in our applications in iron, steel & IP segments & work with M&T / field service/ engineering teams to convert to implementable business plan with value addition. Work on execution for approved concepts.
• Be aware of & adapt from automation concepts implemented by competitors, as required.
3. Key Result Areas:
a). Automation / Mechatronics – Conceptualization/ TOT/ Implementation
• Identify automation requirements / possibilities at our customer end
• Help prepare business case for select automation projects along with payback in terms of quality improvement/ cost saving
• Developing automation solutions through systematic study at customer location & information gathering with the objective to overcome manual application issues, value addition & quality improvement
• Develop & lead project team
• Project commissioning
b). Quality of work
• Implementing effective preventive, predictive and break down maintenance protocol & ensure trouble-free availability of automation projects implemented at site.
• Capture value addition of implemented projects through proper data & report.
c). Delivery of projects
• Manage timely completion of projects with desired performance criteria.
• Effective preventive maintenance (planning & execution)
• Ensuring availability of spares
• Timely calibration of measuring instruments and control device if any in the automation systems.
• Ensure adherence to all systems & processes as per the global safety standards (LLT, Machine safety, PTW) required by the organisation
• Risk mitigation of high risks jobs through RA
• Carry out Safety audits as per the group standard
• Legal compliances related to engineering functions
• Develop and train team at sites for regular operation & maintenance after commissioning.
• Work closely with the teams based at customer locations to ensure high automation equipment performance and provide engineering consulting / technical support
• Develop and sustain a highly collaborative relationship with the application teams based at customer locations.
• B.E / B.Tech Mechatronics Engineering from reputed institute
• Good command of English
• 4 to 6 years of Experience with considerable commissioning and troubleshooting experience.
• Hands on experience with Robot programming, PLC programming
• Hands on experience in machine assembling.
• Experience of automation projects in industrial / steel plant set-up will be added advantage
- All relevant Mechatronic systems
- Computer aided design CAD software - Autodesk AutoCAD software;
- Computer aided manufacturing CAM software Rapid prototyping software
- Development environment software - C; Microsoft Visual Basic;
- Fanuc / ABB / KUKA robotic software and trouble shooting
- Octopuz robot simulation software
- Tools such as multimeter, soldering,
- Knowledge on drives
4. Behavioural skills:
• Strong problem-solving ability & logical approach
• High degree of planning and coordination
• Good Communication (written and verbal) skill
• Strong interpersonal skills, high people orientation
• Result oriented
• Willing to travel & stay for extended duration at customer locations as part of equipment installation and commissioning