What We Can Offer
The MSL shall act as a scientific expert between Bayer and the medical community through the dissemination and education of scientific data and material in Thrombosis Therapeutic Area. The MSL establishes long-term scientific/strategic relationships with key, influential physicians/scientists/ stakeholders and with related major medical associations and academic centers of excellence. These relationships will ensure that Thought Leaders (TLs) and organizations have access to relevant scientific information and that pertinent information is shared with the medical community. The MSL uses his/her experience and knowledge interacting with key external medical and pharmacy professionals through the process of education via one-on-one interaction; small group discussion and symposia lecture presentations including interactions associated with sponsored medical education programs and research protocols. The MSL facilitates TL involvement in national, regional and local educational forums including advisory boards, symposia and Continuing Medical Education (CMEs).
The MSL also provides medical scientific inputs, relevant information from TLs and field to the key cross-functions. Partners with Business Units to develop Integrated Brand Plans and executes to achieve business objectives.
The MSL is responsibility mainly for Thrombosis TA and others if be assigned by line manager- CVRM Medical Manager.
2. Geographical scope: Site
3. Major tasks and responsibilities of position:
* Primary Activities
- Exchange and dissemination of scientific, educational, and research related information: The MSL plans, partners and engages with TLs as a subject matter expert and colleague both proactively and reactively via various innovative TL engagements tactics and formats to provide dissemination, clarification and education of scientific data, study protocols, meeting abstracts, and professional literature (Both proactive discussions on-label, and reactive discussions for unsolicited off-label questions in alignment with local regulations).
- TL Identification / profiling / segmentation and strategy and engagement planning: In alignment with medical strategy as stipulated in the integrated brand plan, the MSL contributes to internal understanding of specific TL interests, expertise and impact in the medical community at large.
- Participation at / networking in Congresses and Conventions: The MSL uses congresses and conventions to network with TLs, establish new contacts, and gather competitive intelligence.
- Coordination of Scientific Education Activities and Advisory Boards: The MSL plans and organizes scientific training, education events / sessions and advisory boards with TLs within their specific therapeutic area.
- Preparing reports and tracking activities: The MSL submits timely reports of field interactions and events, as well as tracks activities against agreed upon PMP objectives and country medical activity plan.
- Collecting Investigator Initiated Research (IIR) ideas and facilitating IIR set-up: The MSL acts as a point of contact for investigators, facilitating the interface with investigators and appropriate BHC personnel responsible for approval, and communication of study progress and completion
- Answering medical / scientific queries of Medical Societies and external inquirers with regards to responsible products by collaboration with Medial Information Representative.
- Acting as internal scientific expert to provide medical scientific inputs to develop Integrated Brand plans, Key messages and materials for products/therapy, diagnostic areas.
- Providing relevant scientific trainings and answering scientific / medical queries for the marketing and sales professionals in the organization.
* Secondary Activities
- Market Access: The MSL provides assistance to Medical Advisors and Market Access and supports presentations of new information to hospital formularies and reimbursement decisions makers as required.
- Internal scientific support: The MSL serves as internal scientific expert by selective support to training activities in addition to answering scientific / medical queries by the Sales Representatives (in conjunction with / as a supporting element to Medical Advisors)
- Clinical Research Support: The MSL provides additional support (as required) to support local clinical operations personnel / Medical Advisors with respect to strategic feasibility in company sponsored clinical development studies as well as facilitation of medical affairs interventional and observation studies.
- External scientific support, training and education: The MSL provides additional external scientific support, training & education not covered by other primary activities
4. Value added to the success of the company - what are the main objectives of the function?
The MSL, through advanced technical competence and refined interpersonal skills, establishes and grows Bayer’s image of scientific excellence and integrity with TLs, institutions and societies in those areas of interest to Bayer by establishing strong, long term, strategic relationships with TLs and professional organizations. The MSL is able to contribute scientifically and implement national, regional and local educational programs, as well as develop publication opportunities. As a conduit for researchers, investigators and TLs, the MSL provides the avenue of most efficient access to all internal departments such as medical affairs, clinical operations, market access and marketing. The MSL is responsible for ensuring primary and secondary objectives within their territory are aligned with medical affairs strategy stipulated in the annual integrated brand plan.
The MSL can address several issues with external customers such as those related to technical aspects of Bayer products, disease state management, pharmacoeconomics, research and publication endeavors and unsolicited off-label product related questions from healthcare providers and researchers.
The MSL provides medical scientific expert to achieve the BU’s business objectives.
5. Contribution context (Multiple choice of a pick list + free text with limited characters)
- Individual Contributor
- Team Member
5. Work relations (List the most important work relationships with internal and external partners/
- External : TLs, HCPs, Medical Societies, Payers
- Internal : Medical Advisor, Country Medical Director; Regional Medical Advisor, Regional MSL Excellent, Local Clinical Operations Personnel, Marketing, Legal, Regulatory and Compliance, HE&RP etc
• Bachelor’s degree in pharmacology or medicine.
• 2 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry as an MSL preferred or experience in drug information, clinical research and development, or other clinical relevant activities.
• Fluent English communication.
• Basic knowledge of therapeutic area products
• Participated in a project from inception to conclusion
• Understanding of clinical trial design and rationale
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to build productive work-relationships both internally and externally
• Ability to work independently and a demonstrated self-starter
• Basic problem-solving skills
• Excellent presentation and written and verbal communication skills
• Good organization skills with thorough attention to detail ensuring timely follow-through and closure with Thought Leaders and fellow MSL
• Strives to impact individuals and organizations
• Exhibits interpersonal awareness
• Demonstrated business acumen
• Strong statistical skills and ability to extract insights from data preferred
• Academic / scientific writing experience either through educational background and / or job experience.