What We Can Offer
Our cook is a key member of our team who is responsible for the development and consistency of our food offering in totality, working within a team, and managing all day to day and including financial aspects of our kitchen.
You will need to be somebody who is:
• As passionate about food and flavors as we are about beer (it also helps if you’re passionate about beer)
• Innovative and experimental
• Plugged into local culture, tastes, trends and preferences, while also aware of global happenings.
• Proud of their craft and relentlessly focused on quality
• Charismatic and cordial with a genuine desire to grow.
• Commercially-minded and able to create a financially feasible food menu and manage all kitchen-related admin as well as excel in producing a high level of food.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as a CDP or similar senior role
• Openness and willingness to learn new techniques (e.g. cooking with beer)
• Comfortable cooking both Vietnamese and Western cuisine
• High attention to detail and a focus on quality and consistency
• Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively in a high-pressure environment while maintaining calmness, composure and a sense of humor
• Ability to think on your feet and adapt to changing situations while maintaining the highest quality of offering and other established standards
• Flexibility with schedule requirements
• Responsible for daily food preparation and service
• Maintain a food cost of +/- 30%
• Develop menu items in conjunction with Taproom GM & DOO
• Enforce proper food safety levels and maintain SOP’s and regulations
• Arrange weekly BOH schedule
• Manage par levels, ordering ingredients accordingly and maintain a full inventory including opening/closing and wastage
• Compile monthly food sales reports
• A decent conversational level of English is required.
• A dynamic work environment with an international team that’s passionate about creating amazing beer
and pushing boundaries
• Creative freedom and the ability to not only shape the menu, but the business as it grows
3 of 3
• Career growth opportunities and potential to step into a regional role as we expand
• Competitive pay and incentives