What We Can Offer
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager works with key program management staff to ensure that all project and program performance monitoring, data, evidence, and evaluation needs are met. This includes ongoing performance monitoring and data dashboards for management as well as periodic evaluations and results reporting for donors and investors. The M&E Manager is responsible for the smooth operation of iDE Vietnam’s monitoring systems, as well as coordinating periodic evaluations and leading the further development and strengthening of reporting systems.
*Performing Of Duties
● Systems development. Ensure purpose-driven, rapid, and accessible data is available for projects; expand and strengthen measurement approaches as necessary; improve reliability and quality of data; increase information and data sharing within iDE Vietnam and across iDE more broadly.
● Analyze and Report. Lead on the analysis and reporting for funders and support iDE Vietnam’s Country Director, Program Coordinator and Project Manager(s) on regular reporting for projects as needed.
● Strategy. Evolve and strengthen the M&E framework, use of management information systems and knowledge management processes to drive performance and learning, and to inform strategic priorities and business growth.
● Business Development. Contribute to designing and developing new concepts, projects and solicitations for funding partners.
● Global Evidence & Analytics. Contribute to the development of iDE’s global M&E capabilities through regular interaction with the Global M&E team around innovative M&E work, smart data and analysis, and evidencing impact.
● People Development. Collaborate with Project Manager(s), Country Director and Program Coordinator to strengthen capabilities of M&E within the country program and real-time data use to service program and project needs; grow the M&E and Knowledge Management teams in line with new business goals.
● Work with managers and field staff to ensure the timely collection and input of key monitoring data;
● Work with government and commercial partners of the project to collect necessary information and data for monitoring and evaluation purposes;
● Support in-field data collection and access, particularly the operation of mobile data collection tools;
● Ensure data completeness and integrity using iDE’s cloud database (on the Force.com platform);
● Provide managers with timely updates on key program metrics, per agreed templates and formats;
● Provide managers with timely performance reports for specific donor and investor reports, per agreed templates and formats;
● Provide iDE HQ with monthly key performance indicator updates.
● Identify key evaluation questions for iDE Vietnam, driven by external reporting requirements and internal information needs;
● Develop – with the support of iDE’s Global M&E Team – specific evaluation plans;
● Coordinate and implement evaluations, with responsibility to ensure the effective conduct of all aspects of data collection, transmission, storage and analysis;
● Analyze – with the support of iDE’s Global M&E Team – evaluation data;
● Write evaluation reports, clearly documenting methods, findings and conclusions / recommendations.
● Identify areas for improvement and specific recommendations for strengthening existing systems;
● Work with iDE’s Global M&E Team and Vietnam management to develop specific plans for system development;
● Coordinate the implementation of system improvements.
● Support the development of project proposals with input on setting goals/targets, monitoring and evaluation plans, including drafting logical frameworks, identifying appropriate indicators and documenting monitoring and evaluation plans.
‐ Well-educated, with a relevant BA or MA degree (Economics, Statistics, Agriculture Economics, Development Studies) from a reputable university.
‐ 5+ years of experience working in a similar role.
‐ Demonstrable experience in building out and using statistical software (i.e., SPSS, Stata, R, etc.), database development and management, and tools and systems for mobile data collection and analysis.
‐ Able to build productive relationships with diverse teams – field staff, global management, private sector companies and groups of stakeholders.
‐ Strong demonstrated proficiency with Windows operating system (Windows 7 and 8), Microsoft Office suite (advanced Excel).
‐ Experience working in poor rural communities. Willingness to travel to rural areas.
‐ Demonstrated initiative and commitment to continuous system improvement.
‐ Excellent spoken and written communication in English and Vietnamese.
‐ Demonstrated honesty, integrity, and strong work ethic.
‐ Demonstrated ethical behaviour in all areas of responsibility.
‐ Organized, flexible, detail-oriented, and hardworking.
‐ Master’s Degree in a related field (Economics, Statistics, Agriculture Economics, Development Studies) from a reputable university.
‐ Demonstrable capacity and/or sound working knowledge in one or more of the following thematic areas – plastic waste, circular economy, agricultural development, gender, climate resilience.
‐ Efficient communicator, with significant experience writing for audiences outside of Vietnam – preferably with experiences including both technical and non-technical writing.
‐ Experience working on and/or managing circular economy or plastic waste projects in Vietnam.
‐ Prior experience with behavior change interventions.
HOW TO APPLY
• Interested applicants should email a detailed Curriculum Vitae and an Application Letter (both in English) via VIETNAMWORKS. At least 2 reference contacts should be provided in the Application Letter.
• The closing date for application is 26 September 2021. The recruitment process will start before the closing date, therefore early applications may have an advantage.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.