Các Phúc Lợi Dành Cho Bạn
Mô Tả Công Việc
The implementation of the Activity will require the services of a National Transportation Engineer (NTE) who will work with other specialists in the Activity team managed by a National Activity Manager (NAM) for delivering the engineering part of the Activity outputs.
The tasks of the NTE will include, but are not be limited to the following:
- Implementing surveys in the four provinces and working with the Provincial Departments of Transport (PDOTs) and related stakeholders (such as Local DPOs) to prepare the transport engineering section of the report on the current implementation of accessible transport infrastructures, including current limitations with the legislation implementation and recommendations to improve enforcement of the legal framework;
- Developing the transport engineering modules of the training sessions (including toolkits, leaflets, booklets, presentations, etc.) for the delivery of the two-day- workshops, with the collaboration of the Activity members, ISTA and Local DPOs, under the supervision of the NAM;
- Delivering in consultation with the NAM the transport engineering part of the workshop in each of the four provinces, providing an overview of international practices on accessible transport for peoples with disabilities and elderly;
- Preparing the transport engineering sections of the workshop reports, including findings and recommendations on the implementation of the current policies and regulations;
- Developing the transport engineering sections of the Accessible Transportation Implementation manual covering the application of accessible transport policies and regulations to facilitate the enforcement of the legal framework by the transport authorities;
- Reviewing in collaboration with local DPOs, the provincial action plans of the four provincial transport authorities for applying universal design principles in their recommended infrastructure projects and preparing a report on findings and recommendations;
- Providing support in collaboration with local DPOs, to the four provincial transport authorities in applying universal design to selected infrastructure projects and reporting on the support provided; and
- Providing other technical assistance and coordination on an as-needed basis.
The NTE will be directly managed by the NAM. The NTE might need to report to the PMC through its Deputy Team Leader and TDSI as required on specific issues and any unexpected requirements.
Yêu Cầu Công Việc
- The NTE will have a master’s degree in transportation engineering and more than 7 years of professional experience with at least 5 years of relevant experience in accessible transportation or one accessible transport related project. The NTE should have experience in project management, technical training development and delivery and working knowledge of English.
- The NTE should have demonstrated experience in dealing with government and local agencies and should be familiar with government supervised transport projects preferably under MOT.
- The NTE will be engaged by the PMC on an intermittent basis for a total duration of 40 days over the anticipated 8-month duration of the Activity and will be based at both, the Aus4Transport Office and TDSI Office in Hanoi.
- The NTE will be administratively accountable to the NAM and Aus4Transport Deputy Team Leader and work closely and collaboratively with the Activity team members including the ISTA. The NTE’s principal counterpart is TDSI. The NTE is expected to maintain regular contact with TDSI and the Activity team members to discuss progress, issues, any assignment needs, and any required guidance.
- The Aus4Transport Program will cover the cost of the NTE’s remuneration in Vietnamese Dong, any domestic travel costs that may be required in support of his/her outputs. The NTE is expected to provide his/her own computer and peripherals needed for the assignment.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.