What We Can Offer
Reports to: Offshore Installation Manager
Job Location: Offshore Vung Tau, Vietnam
Salary Range: negotiable
• Will be assigned to the Block 15-2/01 Thang Long Joint Operating Company (Repsol 60%, PVEP
40%) performing the duties of an Offshore Metering Engineer
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the day to day safe and satisfactory operation of the TLJOC metering facilities at HST.
• Carries out routine and non-routine Instrument calibration and verification in line with 3rd party metering system recommendations.
• Daily report to Offshore Installation Manager and 3rd party metering consultants on daily check sheet, allocation metering logbook and maintenance activities.
• Trouble shooting of metering equipment and ancillary equipment to the metering system.
• Requisitions spare parts, ensuring sufficient stock is held offshore for everyday repairs.
• Close liaison with HLJOC personnel to ensure that the terms of the Metering and Allocation Agreement are met so far as they apply to the Offshore Operational facilities.
• Liaison with 3rd party metering consultants to rectify and verify that the metering system is performing optimally.
• Manually keys in key parameters to the Metering Computers under the instruction of the 3rd party.
• Close cooperation with the Onshore Metering Engineer in resolution of any metering issues that may arise from time to time.
• Coordinate with PVPro-analysis service provider on samples delivery and cylinders tracking.
• Assist in day to day operation of platform facilities.
• Assist in supervision of O and M contractors and other vendors / contractors
Additional duties as offshore HSE officer:
• Monitor and update Safety Observation and Conversation database
• Facilitate on site Task Risk assessment.
• Monitor implementation of Emergency Response Plan/Drill
• Initiate incident investigation report
• Review HSE supporting document of Permit To Work
• Conduct Permit To Work audit, Isolation/Inhibit Audit
• Diploma in Measurement/Control/Instrument/Electronic Engineering or similar.
• A minimum of 8 years’ experience in an Oil and Gas operations environment as Metering Engineer/
Special Skills / Other Comments
• Conversant with International Codes and Standards such as API, AGA, ISO etc.
• Thorough understanding of Metering and Measurement principle.
• Good understanding of Offshore HSE requirement and compliance, demonstrate HSE awareness and influence
• Computer literate.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Both written and oral reporting capability in English and Vietnamese.
• Personal and interpersonal skills. A good team player.