What We Can Offer
As per WV Vietnam strategy, micro finance is managed as one of its initiatives. In other word it is part of WV Vietnam and not as a separate entity like in other countries. .
Micro Finance program’s mission is to foster improvement in the quality of life among the clients in Vietnam by assisting the economically active poor and graduating the moderate and poorest of the poor into entrepreneurial skills. This will be accomplished through a sustainable Micro Finance program that provides access to loans, insurance and savings within the Area Programs (APs). All aspects of the services that MF program delivers are built to lead the development of appropriate models, capacities and systems for Micro enterprise development in Vietnam, resulting in sustainable economic development as part of WVI transformational development ministry throughout AP communities.
MF Program is structured in two management levels: central office in Hanoi and branch office at provincial and/ or regional level. All direct transactions with clients including clients screening, loan processing and loan collection are carried out at communities’ level through a network of local staff.
At present, MF Program is operating in 10 APs (10 districts) in 4 provinces, with around 60 staff at branch level.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
• To undertake PnC functions concerning MF branches’ workforce including Recruitment, Employment, Performance Management
• To provide support in Training and Development for both MF branch staff and clients
Note: The position carries out the job under supervision of WVV’s PnC Director and MF Program Manager.
ROLE DIMENSION / DESCRIPTION
1. People and Culture
- Facilitate the multi-year and annual workforce planning of MF branches to ensure current and future staffing needs in alignment with MFU strategic directions and operating plans, and define appropriate recruitment, retention and downsizing strategies.
- Facilitate the standard recruitment processes (including reviewing Job Descriptions/Term Of References, advertising vacancies, screening, shortlisting, interviewing candidates, drafting a job offer, preparing employment contracts etc.) in an effective, timely, fair and transparent manner to select qualified candidates.
- Handle staff grievances & disciplinary action processes in consultation with the MF management, PnC Director and relevant branch manager following HR policy of WVV and WV principle on employee relation.
- Facilitate staff contract changes such as relocation, higher duty allowance, etc.
- Facilitate separation processes.
- Strengthen a performance culture of MF branches through the following:
- Conduct training workshop on Performance for Performance (the performance management system) and provide on going coaching to the branch managers on P4P and effective feedback giving.
- Ensure goal setting, performance agreement, mid-year review and year-end review of all the staff is conducted in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure branch managers effectively use Partnering for Performance – P4P to thrive for excellent performance and facilitate staff career development.
- Maintain & update employee data/changes on Our People in a timely & accurately manner to use for reporting & decision making.
- Provide P&C monthly reports and updates in a timely & accurately manner.
- Ensure branch staff receive and understand key PnC related communication messages sent out by VFI’s and WVV.
- Conduct the salary survey, analysis and make recommendation for the revised salary scale of MFU branch staff.
2. TRAINING AND CAPACITY BUILDING FOR STAFF
- Coordinate orientation process for new hires to equip them with knowledge & understanding on the WV’s organization & policy (using E-Orientation Manual).
- Identify specific learning/development needs through ongoing coaching and support to manager and staff so that staff’s development goals can be achievable.
- Prepare the annual training plan for all staff with estimated budget, revise and update the training plan (if needed).
- Revise and update all training modules or develop new modules in accordance with the changes in policies and procedures, as well as the best practices in the industry, and conduct some training modules.
- Identify and continually develop trainers for each field (Internal Audit, MIS/ IT, P&C, Admin, and branch operations).
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff receive training in respective policies, procedures and standards;
- Ensures the availability of training equipment and venue for the scheduled training/e-training.
- Ensures that all new, re-assigned, and promoted staff receives adequate training from MFI’s training unit, or if necessary from external trainers or training providers.
3. TRAINING FOR CLIENTS
- Develop annual plan for clients trainings for braches including financial literacy training and non financial training such as: livelihood training, house hold business training, TOT training for cluster leaders/partners.
- Organize clients training including review training agenda/documents/beneficiaries, consultant/lectures recruitment.
- Develop assessment tool for clients trainings, monitor clients trainings and effective evaluation of trainings.
- Travel to branches to support/monitor clients training at least 1 training/1 branch per year
4. OPERATION ASSISTANCE
- Organize Operations team meeting with all Branches and take minutes.
- Prepare operations report as required by Management team
- Provide assistance to prepare MF Program’s overall business strategy as well as annual operation plan and budget of each branch.
- Proactive support is provided to Operation Manager in undertaking new initiatives such as Credit manual revision, Operation MEMO development, management tools (MIS…) upgrade; integration initiatives of MF activities with other sectors/ APs of WVV.
- Bachelor/ college degree, preferred in Human Resource Management, Foreign language and Economics
- Demonstrated interviewing and recruitment skills (attract, source, screening candidates)
- Understanding of workforce planning and ability to project staffing needs.
- Excellent knowledge and good experience in performance management processes and systems.
- Good facilitation and training skill.
- Good knowledge on succession planning/ talent management/ leadership development.
- Ability to coach, mentor and manage staff’s performance
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Mastery of English language both spoken and written.
- Fluently in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Power Point and Internet)
- Be committed to work with the poor and have customer service oriented mindset;
- Active, adaptable, patient, honest and having team spirit
- Understanding of Microfinance activities, small enterprises development or trends of business
- A minimum of 3 year’s relevant working experience.
- Working experiences with community development projects, experiences for managing and conducting MF Program or increasing income activities, including business development services.
- Working experience as HR Business Partner
- Work in a team environment with great diversity
- Regular field visits are expected
World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Our contact details are:
People and Culture Department – Ms. Nguyen Thi Minh Phuong
World Vision International - Vietnam
Address: 9th floor, the Mercury building, 444 Hoang Hoa Tham, Hanoi.
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.