What We Can Offer
• To manage the constantly changing diary effectively and efficiently using own initiative. To organise and schedule meetings/ conferences and the required rooms, equipment and hospitality.
• To ensure all relevant paperwork is available for meetings/ conferences ahead of time and that those meetings are minuted.
• To coordinate business travel and accommodation arrangements as required
• To work closely with the PA to the CEO to provide a communication and information link to the School Board.
• To act as a focal point of contact on behalf of the Chief Operating Officer. To filter all calls and visitors to ensure he is shielded as far as possible from unnecessary interruptions. To judge the relative priority of calls and visitors.
• To respond to telephone, letter and email queries, resolving where possible or redirecting where necessary, ensuring callers and correspondents are given a positive image of the school.
• Proven secretarial and administration experience at a high level with demonstrable experience of managing a complex and constantly changing diary.
• Proven strong organisational skills with the ability to use initiative to plan, prioritise and allocate a heavy workload effectively and respond flexibly to rapidly changing and conflicting priorities.
• Excellent English
• Ability to demonstrate a high standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Sound appreciation of, or a willingness to learn about, the company and its management structures.
• Experience of maintaining office and administrative systems and of devising new systems or improvements to existing ones where appropriate.
• Experience of working as a key member of a team, able to take own initiative and work flexibly.
• Proven ability to communicate information effectively and confidently to a wide range of internal and external contacts and at a very senior level.
• Experience of dealing with highly confidential information with tact and sensitivity.
• Excellent IT skills including intermediate/advanced knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook and Intranet/Internet systems.
• Document and keep updated the PA to COO job description
• To manage office correspondence and to exercise initiative in responding to day to day mail and administration independently (including print/file emails and sending responses as drafted by the Chief Operating Officer).
• To manage the Chief Operating Officers email account and to develop and maintain systems to ensure important emails reach the Chief Operating Officer while others are filtered.
• To develop and maintain office and administrative systems (including electronic filing system).
• To undertake general admin duties including recording the Chief Operating Officers expenses, monitoring holiday requests from his direct reports, maintaining a contacts database and telephone lists.
• To manage regular away days for the senior management team, including sourcing suitable venues.
• To contribute to ad hoc projects and activities where necessary.