What We Can Offer
Job Title: Plant Manager, Widia Shinki Vietnam
Location: Vietnam Hanoi
This position is part of the Global Round Tool Manufacturing Team and reports dotted line to the General Manager. The position is responsible to plans and manage the overall Operations activities of a plant ensuring compliance to global standards. Responsible for delivering on time outstanding quality products ensuring world class working environment. Monitors daily operations to identify and resolve problem areas relating to safety, scheduling, quality, industrial and maintenance engineering, staffing, and production line arrangement respecting financial targets and constraints.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Directs projects, processes, functional and business objectives with a broad scope and impact
• Provide strategic input to facilitate achievement of business results
• Manage a functional or operational area that directly supports the execution of tactical objectives
• Assess external developments and develop risk mitigation strategies in the area of responsibility
• Lead the Safety Leadership Committee and develop the site Safety Flight Plan and monitor progress and clear any organizational barriers that may prevent achieving goal of 100% Safe. Establish and enforce safety environment with clear roles and responsibilities, and regularly monitor performance using Safety Reviews.
• Responsible for plant financial performance
• Responsible to assure customer satisfaction needs are meet - lead time, on-time delivery, quality of product
• Responsible to assure proper manpower levels are in place to support demand.
• Responsible for reducing costs through lean and 6 Sigma programs.
• In-depth knowledge of specialized field or expertise. Oversees execution of cross-functional projects with significant influence on the operations of the Company
• Overall understanding of business objectives and influence of department on achievement of those objectives
• 3-5 years management, Six Sigma, making decision using detailed analysis, integration and constructive thinking.
• Able to build and maintain relationship with constituents outside the company to support business needs. Interacts with other departments to coordinate activities.
Kennametal is an Equal Opportunity Employer